How to recover corrupted BIOS? - Aspire ES1-533

rajeshpj
rajeshpj Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2022 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, 
Yesterday While I was updating drivers through device manager I updated the firmware. Firmware update was not successful.  BIOS corrupted. Blank Screen.
Please help me to recover the BIOS.
Aspire ES1-533
Model Name: ES1-533|Part Number: NX.GFTSI.008
Thanks in Advance.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Hi,
    You need a USB drive and access to another PC with Windows OS, preferably with Windows10.
    You have to format the USB disk, select FAT32 file system.
    Down load the BIOS from Acer site in another PC/Laptop.
     Extract downloaded BIOS.
    Go to extracted folder, run the .exe file as Admin, when you see the warning about the wrong BIOS for the system( Not allow to flash secure BIOS), do not click any buttons.
    Follow the instructions in the video to extract B5W1Ax64.fd
    Copy .fd file to the bootable USB disk you earlier prepared.
    Turn off the laptop, make sure the AC adapter is plugged in, plug in the USB disk.
    Keep pressing Fn+Esc buttons and press Power button, wait until you hear the fan at full speed, then release Fn+Esc  keys.
    Once the recovery is finished the system will power off.
    Make sure to get familiarise with the steps to extract .fd file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwgIBjsqBIM

• rajeshpj
    rajeshpj Member Posts: 2 New User
    it didnt work. please help
  • rajeshpj said:
    it didnt work. please help

Hi, 
    Please take it to a Repair shop and get professional help.
  • Mjclave
    Mjclave Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hi was that problem solved?
    Actually I am also facing the same issue in acer aspire 7.
    System is not booting and screen is black not showing anything and restarting again and again.
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,522 Pathfinder
    @rajeshpj, @Mjclave
    Possibly your boot record (MBR) is corrupted, follow brummyfan2 advice and bring your latop to the Acer Service shop to reinstall OS, Firmware, Bios and OEM drivers. You will lose all your files as the HDD/SSD will be reformatted so first get an external USB HDD case, remove your problem HDD and mount the HDD in the USB case, connect the USB case to another PC and copy your data/files (not the system files) to the PC HDD, then reformat the problem HDD (in the external HDD case) and reinstal the formatted HDD back in your laptop (and bring it to Acer). Charges will be minimal in my case it was done free of charge, the external USB HDD case is cheap (order it online).

• Mjclave
    Mjclave Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Puraw said:
    @rajeshpj, @Mjclave
    Possibly your boot record (MBR) is corrupted, follow brummyfan2 advice and bring your latop to the Acer Service shop to reinstall OS, Firmware, Bios and OEM drivers. You will lose all your files as the HDD/SSD will be reformatted so first get an external USB HDD case, remove your problem HDD and mount the HDD in the USB case, connect the USB case to another PC and copy your data/files (not the system files) to the PC HDD, then reformat the problem HDD (in the external HDD case) and reinstal the formatted HDD back in your laptop (and bring it to Acer). Charges will be minimal in my case it was done free of charge, the external USB HDD case is cheap (order it online).
    Hi, how much approximate cost to make this laptop working.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022
    Mjclave said:
    Puraw said:
    @rajeshpj, @Mjclave
    Hi, how much approximate cost to make this laptop working.
    Hi,
    You can contact Acer support centre in your country and inquire about the price or get help from a local laptop repair shop, they will be able to provide an accurate estimate, this is an old thread, so in future start a new thread of your own so that many members can view your post.
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/