Replacement of motherboard on swift 3 SF314-56-58 LX

Vilin
Vilin Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
Hello,
not a long time ago my motherboard in ACER Swift 3 went dead (fried as hell). Of course, the warranty has expired not even a month ago. So the repairman told me they can't fix it for now as they can't find a motherboard suitable for my model.
The model number is SF314-56-58 LX. My question is, does the new motherboard has to be with the same number or could I possibly change it to another type?

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Vilin,

NBGXL11008 I5-8250U Motherboard For acer Swift 3 SF314 448.0E702. 0011 448.0E703. 0011.
  • Vilin
    Vilin Member Posts: 2 New User
    @Easwar thank you for the help
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Vilin,

Update us back once you fixed the issue. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    There are lots of motherboards for that laptop and you can fit any of them in:
    The ones listed as SF314-54_UMA are direct replacements, the ones with the G has discrete graphics built in. As you can see they came with both 7th gen and 8th gen CPUs, and 8th gen or newer are required for Windows 11, so that might help you decide on which to get. All of those have 4GB of onboard memory, plus the discrete versions have 2GB of video memory for the GPU. Search using the NB.xxxx.xxx numbers, those are Acer's part numbers for your system.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jamesdarius
    jamesdarius Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

hello sorry for replying on a inactive thread. how do you get the list of motherboards supported like you have here? is there a link?

• That mainboard list for the SF314-56 laptop model above is from the official Acer service guide that you don't have access to, only Ace graded community members have access to. The best way to replace a mainboard is to get the existing mainboard number and replace the mainboard with the same model number or part number, if you want to upgrade the mainboard like from an i5 to an i7 cpu or a better gpu then you either need the service guide list for the same laptop model mainboards and their specs and part numbers, or you need to search the web for these higher spec mainboards of the laptop that you want to upgrade, which is risky and could not be correct. If you want to upgrade the mainboard for a particular laptop with a higher spec cpu and gpu then its best to come to this forum and ask, as allot of Ace graded members will be more than happy to give you the correct upgrade mainboard part numbers.

• jamesdarius
    jamesdarius Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    edited September 2023
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer

I answered on your thread.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.