How to reload windows A515-43

Options
Rluvswindows
Rluvswindows Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2021 in Windows 11
I've recently upgraded to win11. For some odd reason it partition another section of my second hd and now I've run out of space. The original win10 is installed on my original 128 hd and win11 took up most of my 2nd HD. I need to wipe out my HD and reload windows. How can I get a this reloaded?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    It might help if you could reveal your full Acer model number. For example, A515-54. And then check this link to see if it's listed as Win11 compatible.

Jack E/NJ

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @ RluvswindowsCould you please tell me model name of unit 
  • JackE
    Options
    It might help if you could reveal your full Acer model number. For example, A515-54. And then check this link to see if it's listed as Win11 compatible.

Jack E/NJ

• Rluvswindows

Tinkerer

Options
    Here you go Model Name: A515-43 
  • JackE
    Options
    Press WIN+R. Enter 'diskmgmt.msc'. Please post a screenshot of result if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• Rluvswindows

Tinkerer

Options

Here it is
  • JackE
    Options
    Please post a phone photo of the BIOS Information tab if possible. 

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Rluvswindows,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password​​

3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. 
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​

• Rluvswindows

Tinkerer

Options
    Since my upgrade more weird things happening. I've lost my access to my D:. I tried to restore using instructions Easwar suggested but that doesn't come during boot. Any suggestions? I'm starting to regret the upgrade. ACER as a company doesn't have any tech support that I can to ask how to restore that I can find.

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Rluvswindows

Seemed like you are having Win 10 and Win 11 on separate drives.

When bootup, during black screen, keep tapping F12 ( or Fn+F12), getting to the boot menu. See how many Windows Boot Managers are there.

• Rluvswindows

Tinkerer

Options
    @ttttt I have 2. The second one was from my old laptop with my that's the D: 
  • ttttt
    Options
    @Rluvswindows

Does it bother you having two Windows?

Sometimes I have a Win 10 Home and a Win 10 Enterprise in the same PC on separate drives and choose the OS of my choice with the Boot Menu.

If you just want one OS, just format the other one for data only using Disk Management. 
    If having two OS doesn't bother you, just leave the PC as is.
  • Rluvswindows

Tinkerer

Options
    ttttt I prefer to have both but unfortunately I'm unable to logon on 2nd OS. I've tried repair but nothing works. Also the D: drive is not accessible in windows 11 after a few days since upgrade. I keep my files in D: drive. Keeps telling me I don't have permission on D: drive
  • Rluvswindows

Tinkerer

Options
    Is there away to regain access to D: drive so I can backup my files before I format?
  • ttttt
    Options
    @Rluvswindows

If both of your Windows are working, then bootup to the drive with Win 10 on it, that should be in one of the Windows Boot Managers. I think that may be the second one( likely the d: drive), if the default is the Win 11.

Once in the Win 10 , backup all your data to another drive such as flash drive or external USB HDD/SSD. One other way is to backup the whole System Image ( that will include Windows plus all your data of that particular drive too).
  • ttttt
    Options
    @Rluvswindows

If you still having problems, tell us in more details how and what you did before encountering the error message.
  • JackE
    edited November 2021
    Options
    As requested earlier, please post a phone photo of the BIOS Information tab if possible. 

Jack E/NJ

• Rluvswindows

Tinkerer

Options
    @JackE
    I'm unable to submit with the photo I took. It won't post 

• JackE
    Options
    Then please transcribe or write down what appears in the red highlighted section of the BIOS Information tab as shown below

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    >>>I've recently upgraded to win11. >>>

OK. I think I see a problem but I have questions. Did Win11 ever boot properly from the m.2 card?

Jack E/NJ