Acer Customer service what the **!!!

happyclub
happyclub Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited November 2021 in Aspire Laptops
So I have bought acer laptops for the past decade and over the last 3-5 years I see a rapid decline in quality, durability and performance. This is not helpful when the call centres are located in phillipines etc. or in countries where they have no idea how we live our lives here in usa, cannda, australia etc.and and how we use our laptop for work and daily lives. 

The issue I have is on a 3 month old laptop yes still under warranty. The screen has started having dead pixels and many spots. There is been no damage to this laptop and it has started having dead pixels in the first 3 months of its life. Now this frustrating as it should be this unreliable and should not fail the durability so easily. This is poor manufacturing leading to customer frustration. 

Now call the customer service and they tell me it can take anything from 2-3 weeks of working days to sort this out. This is again frustrating for the customer that have to give up the laptop for 2-3 weeks for a manufactures flaw that renders the laptop with faulty display within 3 months of use. Especially when all the work and everything is on laptop and it is required everyday so even to give it up for a day is very difficult and frustrating. 

Nevertheless, I decided maybe I can borrow an old laptop for 3 weeks and try to manage without my current one. Ok little bit annoying but understandable right. Call customer service, they are like if you send us your laptop for repair we will wipe all your data off the hard drive. I am like what the **... it is a screen replacement and it is not a software problem it is a hardware problem. I understand this maybe done due to security concerns but I do not have a issue if my data on this gets stolen. I do not have anything sensitive on this laptop and my request is just to fix the screen and do not do anything to the software. The screen is under warranty and you can fix just that. Nope, no compromises, the customer service is dead set that the hard drive will be wiped if i send my laptop to get it fixed under warranty replacement. What the **!!!!

Now due to a poor manufacturing flaw, I have to not only stay without my laptop for 3 weeks but also have to wait for it to come back, figure out how I will back up nearly 500gb of data and then transfer all my data back when the laptop is back. All this to get a warranty replacement!!! Common Acer step up your game it has to be better than this.

Disappointed loyal customer (soon to be never buying acer).

[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Sorry. But you should make an ACER OEM recovery stick from the ACER CareCenter app and regularly backup your  personal files even if you didn't require warranty service.  

Jack E/NJ

• happyclub
    happyclub Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    JackE said:
    Sorry. But you should make an ACER OEM recovery stick from the ACER CareCenter app and regularly backup your  personal files even if you didn't require warranty service.  
    theoretically good but practically not very good or useful for me to waste my time backing up my data regularly when I have most of things already backed up already in two hard drives. Its time consuming and not practical to do it every so often unless you are a business or something. The chances of hard drives failing is very low as well.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    >>>but also have to wait for it to come back, figure out how I will back up nearly 500gb of data and then transfer all my data back when the laptop is back.>>>>

>>>I have most of things already backed up already in two hard drives.>>>

If it was mine, I'd then send it to ACER and get the warranty service without further delay.

Jack E/NJ

• Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,552 Community Administrator
    Hello happyclub

I am sorry you feel this way about the process to send your unit to the repair, and also for the inconveniences you are going through due your unit issues. We do suggest backing up your data to protect your information and ensure that no import data will be lost in case your hard disk drive is reloaded. If you are planning to send the unit I also suggest checking other tips in how preparing your unit to be send to the repair center in this link https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/4036-preparing-and-shipping-your-product-for-repairs 

I would like to take the opportunity to clarify that the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community, where Acer users help other Acer users. 
    Although this community is not a direct portal to Customer service, many Acer employees read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, but primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas, for direct support, please contact your local support  
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

Kind Regards 

Acer-Ingrid