What M.2 Drive (or other type) does Acer Aspire1-A115-32-C28P support?

Options
2»

Answers

• Orvis
    Orvis Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    No because the width of the card is different on the other side and will not allow for that... I checked that before...
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,595 Trailblazer
    Options
    Something's not right here. From your other photo with the card inserted, it looks like a single B-key socket. The  M-key doesn't seem visible.

I'm also puzzled by any card width difference between one side or the other from your other photo of the non-chipface side of the card. The slot may not line up with the key, but the card width should be the same on both sides.

You also mentioned the socket pin contacts were on the bottom. I guess I'm not really seeing that. Are you first fully inserting the card  at about a 30* angle, pushing the leading edge toward the bottom of the socket, then pushing the screw end of the card down so the card contacts push up against the socket pins? The pins should springy

Jack E/NJ

• Orvis
    Options
    Please see attached. There is a difference in the tab sizes.
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. How about the 30* angle of initial insertion into the socket while applying slight downward pressure on the card's leading edge.

I fear this socket is beginning to look more and more like a B-key SATA socket. Unfortunately, this might mean an NVME card might not physically fit because it has no B-slot that aligns with the B-key.

Jack E/NJ

• Orvis
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

CASE CLOSED!   As you suggested the WD Blue drive worked. I ordered it and installed and as you can see the computer recognizes it fine.
    Again I THANK Everyone who replied and helped with this issue.  I guess my other drive was just not compatible with this new computer.....

I do not seem to be able to edit the title of this question to say SOLVED...  ? Oh well.... lol

• JackE
    Options
    Thanks for reporting back on your success.

Jack E/NJ

• Orvis
    Options
    B):3   Cool and Thanks again for all the help...