why my ram onboard ram can't detected on cpu z? ACER ASPIRE 3 A314-22-R20Z

NessaRinNessaRin Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

just checked my ram freq on cpu z and it can't detect the onboard ram only detect my expanded ram help pls

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 29,860 Trailblazer
    Open Task Manager. Click performance tab. Click  memory . Please show screenshot of Task Manager result.
    Jack E/NJ
  • NessaRinNessaRin Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited September 14
    JackE said:
    Open Task Manager. Click performance tab. Click  memory . Please show screenshot of Task Manager result.

JackE said:

like this?
    Seems like an incompatible 4GB DDR4 RAM sodimm module has been added to the 4GB on-board RAM for a total of 8GB. Who added this module? And what are the module specifications? A phone photo of the sodimm module label would be helpful.
    Jack E/NJ

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Seems like an incompatible 4GB DDR4 RAM sodimm module has been added to the 4GB on-board RAM for a total of 8GB. Who added this module? And what are the module specifications? A phone photo of the sodimm module label would be helpful.
    where i can found the onboard module?

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    where i can found the onboard module? before i added new ram it can't detect too that's why i confuse to choose ram for i buy to this laptop
    The  on-board RAM may or may not be present. It can be sold both ways as follow.

If you purchased the machine with 4GB installed, it could either be equipped with 4GB on board soldered RAM plus one empty replaceable RAM socket ---or ---- no on board soldered RAM plus 4GB replaceable RAM module.

The soldered RAM socket, if present would be on the opposite side of the mainboard from the replaceable RAM socket. If the soldered RAM socket is empty, you can safely install 8GB DDR4 sodimm module 2666MHz or faster. You can also try a 16GB sodimm but it might not be fully utilized by your laptop.
    Jack E/NJ

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    The  on-board RAM may or may not be present. It can be sold both ways as follow.

If you purchased the machine with 4GB installed, it could either be equipped with 4GB on board soldered RAM plus one empty replaceable RAM socket ---or ---- no on board soldered RAM plus 4GB replaceable RAM module.

The soldered RAM socket, if present would be on the opposite side of the mainboard from the replaceable RAM socket. If the soldered RAM socket is empty, you can safely install 8GB DDR4 sodimm module 2666MHz or faster. You can also try a 16GB sodimm but it might not be fully utilized by your laptop.
    mine it has 4gb onboard soldered ram and one empty replacable slot,the onboard ram can't be read at cpu z and have different result at task mgr and amd adrenaline but i was purchased 2400mhz ram following result on task mgr since i can check it on cpu z
    Did you have anything installed in the replaceable socket when you posted this Task Manager screenshot?

Jack E/NJ

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Did you have anything installed in the replaceable socket when you posted this Task Manager screenshot?

yes
    i just installed it yesterday
    Please remove it. Then post another Task Manager screenshot with the onboard RAM only.
    Jack E/NJ

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Please remove it. Then post another Task Manager screenshot with the onboard RAM only.
    idk i can't do it today cuz i need to borrow my neighbour screw for that
  • tttttttttt Member Posts: 1,006 Valued Contributor
    @NessaRin

How many GB RAM you should have?  8 GB or 12 GB? 

The Task Manager picture indicated 8 GB . My laptop (A515-46-R14K) has 4 GB soldered and I added another 4 GB to make it 8 GB total.

For your case, 3.1 GB in use + 2.8 GB available + 2.1 GB reserve for integrated graphics = 8 GB, looks perfectly fine to me if you just added 4 GB.

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    @NessaRin

How many GB RAM you should have?  8 GB or 12 GB? 

The Task Manager picture indicated 8 GB . My laptop (A515-46-R14K) has 4 GB soldered and I added another 4 GB to make it 8 GB total.

For your case, 3.1 GB in use + 2.8 GB available + 2.1 GB reserve for integrated graphics = 8 GB, looks perfectly fine to me if you just added 4 GB.

my problem is why i can't check my onboard ram on cpu z
    Please remove the 4GB sodimm module and run Task Manager and CPU-Z on the soldered on-board 4GB alone.
    Jack E/NJ
  • tttttttttt Member Posts: 1,006 Valued Contributor
    @NessaRin

Just checked my laptop with the latest version of CPU-Z. Same situation as yours. 
    I was able to see the on-board RAM spec before I added the additional RAM to the open slot.
    If you really want to get info for the on-board RAM, you may want to do what @JackE just suggested.

This is not a unique issue with your laptop. CPU-Z had been like that with my other desktop PC too, and that's probably the reason I just installed the program but rarely used it.