why my ram onboard ram can't detected on cpu z? ACER ASPIRE 3 A314-22-R20Z

NessaRin
NessaRin Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops

just checked my ram freq on cpu z and it can't detect the onboard ram only detect my expanded ram help pls

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Open Task Manager. Click performance tab. Click  memory . Please show screenshot of Task Manager result.

Jack E/NJ

• NessaRin

Tinkerer

edited September 2021
    JackE said:
    Open Task Manager. Click performance tab. Click  memory . Please show screenshot of Task Manager result.

JackE said:

like this?
  • JackE
    Seems like an incompatible 4GB DDR4 RAM sodimm module has been added to the 4GB on-board RAM for a total of 8GB. Who added this module? And what are the module specifications? A phone photo of the sodimm module label would be helpful.

Jack E/NJ

• NessaRin

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Seems like an incompatible 4GB DDR4 RAM sodimm module has been added to the 4GB on-board RAM for a total of 8GB. Who added this module? And what are the module specifications? A phone photo of the sodimm module label would be helpful.
    where i can found the onboard module?

• NessaRin

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    where i can found the onboard module? before i added new ram it can't detect too that's why i confuse to choose ram for i buy to this laptop
  • JackE
    The  on-board RAM may or may not be present. It can be sold both ways as follow.

If you purchased the machine with 4GB installed, it could either be equipped with 4GB on board soldered RAM plus one empty replaceable RAM socket ---or ---- no on board soldered RAM plus 4GB replaceable RAM module.

The soldered RAM socket, if present would be on the opposite side of the mainboard from the replaceable RAM socket. If the soldered RAM socket is empty, you can safely install 8GB DDR4 sodimm module 2666MHz or faster. You can also try a 16GB sodimm but it might not be fully utilized by your laptop.

Jack E/NJ

• NessaRin

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    The  on-board RAM may or may not be present. It can be sold both ways as follow.

If you purchased the machine with 4GB installed, it could either be equipped with 4GB on board soldered RAM plus one empty replaceable RAM socket ---or ---- no on board soldered RAM plus 4GB replaceable RAM module.

The soldered RAM socket, if present would be on the opposite side of the mainboard from the replaceable RAM socket. If the soldered RAM socket is empty, you can safely install 8GB DDR4 sodimm module 2666MHz or faster. You can also try a 16GB sodimm but it might not be fully utilized by your laptop.
    mine it has 4gb onboard soldered ram and one empty replacable slot,the onboard ram can't be read at cpu z and have different result at task mgr and amd adrenaline but i was purchased 2400mhz ram following result on task mgr since i can check it on cpu z
  • JackE
    Did you have anything installed in the replaceable socket when you posted this Task Manager screenshot?

Jack E/NJ

• NessaRin

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Did you have anything installed in the replaceable socket when you posted this Task Manager screenshot?

yes
    i just installed it yesterday
  • JackE
    Please remove it. Then post another Task Manager screenshot with the onboard RAM only.

Jack E/NJ

• NessaRin

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Please remove it. Then post another Task Manager screenshot with the onboard RAM only.
    idk i can't do it today cuz i need to borrow my neighbour screw for that
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @NessaRin

How many GB RAM you should have?  8 GB or 12 GB? 

The Task Manager picture indicated 8 GB . My laptop (A515-46-R14K) has 4 GB soldered and I added another 4 GB to make it 8 GB total.

For your case, 3.1 GB in use + 2.8 GB available + 2.1 GB reserve for integrated graphics = 8 GB, looks perfectly fine to me if you just added 4 GB.

• NessaRin

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    @NessaRin

How many GB RAM you should have?  8 GB or 12 GB? 

The Task Manager picture indicated 8 GB . My laptop (A515-46-R14K) has 4 GB soldered and I added another 4 GB to make it 8 GB total.

For your case, 3.1 GB in use + 2.8 GB available + 2.1 GB reserve for integrated graphics = 8 GB, looks perfectly fine to me if you just added 4 GB.

my problem is why i can't check my onboard ram on cpu z
  • JackE
    Please remove the 4GB sodimm module and run Task Manager and CPU-Z on the soldered on-board 4GB alone.

Jack E/NJ

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @NessaRin

Just checked my laptop with the latest version of CPU-Z. Same situation as yours. 
    I was able to see the on-board RAM spec before I added the additional RAM to the open slot.
    If you really want to get info for the on-board RAM, you may want to do what @JackE just suggested.

This is not a unique issue with your laptop. CPU-Z had been like that with my other desktop PC too, and that's probably the reason I just installed the program but rarely used it.
  • SHANE73
    SHANE73 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an asus aspire .This is the info from bel arc. my problem is that I want to max out my ram but IDK what I need to buy as I dont seem to have onboard ram and there is a 4gb in the one slot i found iwhen i looked inside od the laptop. Can anyone recommend the best ram I should get as I dont want to waste money yet I want to get the right type and performance without overspending. Thanks in advance.

• SHANE73
    SHANE73 Member Posts: 2 New User

Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 21H2 (build 19044.2130)

Install Language: English (United States)

System Locale: English (United States)

Installed: 2021-12-17 8:56:17 AM

Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB)

Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot

System Model

Acer Aspire A314-22 V1.18

System Serial Number: NXA32AA0021420DA9F7600

Processor a

1.20 gigahertz AMD 3020e with Radeon Graphics

192 kilobyte primary memory cache

1 megabyte secondary memory cache

4 megabyte tertiary memory cache

64-bit ready

Multi-core (2 total)

Not hyper-threaded

Main Circuit Board b

Board: DL Tulip_DA V1.18

Serial Number: NBHVV110011420DA9F7600

Bus Clock: 100 megahertz

UEFI: Insyde Corp. V1.18 07/28/2021

Drives

126.84 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

83.07 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HFM128GD3JX016N [Hard drive] (128.03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n ACE4_2E00_1A1B_5AA0_2EE4_AC00_0000_0001.

Memory Modules c,d

3.44 Gigabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM 0' has 4 GB (serial number 2BFE6AD5)

Slot 'DIMM 0' is Empty

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

@SHANE73

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below. The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below. There is an option to "start your scan " and " select your computer " . Please chose the options and try it. It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide. We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options. You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.      

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

@SHANE73

Kindly go through the details which is captured from service manual designed for your computer.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★