My acer aspire 5 gpu MX350 is working but whenever it does, the cpu speed is decreasing

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,586 Trailblazer
    Options
    Driver updates are normally applied to fix issues the machine is displaying. If there were no issues, then updates are NOT recommended since they could cause the kind of problems you're experiencing on the proprietary ACER mainboard. The best way to rule in or rule out any mainboard GPU vs CPU hardware interaction issues is with a full ALT+F10 erase-everything cold boot ACER OEM Win10 factory reset from the hidden reset partition. This will take the system and drivers back to their original factory-delivered state as designed for this particular ACER mainboard.

Jack E/NJ

• KiritoKun
    KiritoKun Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

edited September 2021
    Options
    Okay I should alt+f10 while it is booting up right. I already got my laptop reset from company when I gave it for fixing

• JackE
    Options
    (1) To do the ALT+F10 reset, first enter the BIOS menu with the F2 key on startup. Make sure the F12 and D2D options are enabled in the BIOS Main tab.
    (2) Then set and save a BIOS supervisor password in the BIOS Security tab.
    (3) Then press F10 to save settings and exit. Shut the machine down again.
    (4) Then re-enter the BIOS menu with the supervisor password to disable secure boot. F10 to save settings. Shut machine down again.
    (5) Then turn the machine on and IMMEDIATELY press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key.
    (6) If the hidden factory reset partition is still intact and accessible, you should get a reset menu to either do a partial reset while trying to save your personal files  or a full erase everything reset which will bring the system back to an original out of the box state.

Jack E/NJ

• KiritoKun

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok I will try that.
  • KiritoKun

Tinkerer

Options
    Sadly I tried everything I am still facing issues
  • KiritoKun

Tinkerer

Options
    Can I please know how to replace/refund the product
  • JackE
    Options
    >>> I bought this year  May>>>

You must schedule an ACER warranty repair. Click on the link. Choose your country or region. Click the support link at the top of the country page. Enter your machine's serial number id (SNID) . Then arrange for warranty service by chatline, phone or email.

Jack E/NJ

• KiritoKun

Tinkerer

Options
    Thx I will try to fix it but if it does not I will refund/replace
    Thx for helping me!!!
    hope u have a nice day :)
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Good luck. Please let us know what happens.

Jack E/NJ

• KiritoKun

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok:)
    Thx I will inform you
  • unlucky_bot
    unlucky_bot Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options

Hi, Im facing the same issues with my acer aspire 5 a514-53g can u tell me whether yours got fixed?

• unlucky_bot
    unlucky_bot Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options

@KiritoKun I have found a fix for this issue if you are still facing this issue. The main problem was caused due to the cpu power limit which was very low for some reason. I installed Throttlestop(v 9.6) and went to TPL then under Turbo Power limit i locked MMIO. That's it! This solved my problem I hope it would solve yours as well

This discussion has been closed.