System interrupts always high at Acer a515 55g pls help asap

2»

Answers

• Afdhal
    Afdhal Member Posts: 80 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    ttttt said:
    @Afdhal

System interrupts getting high are frequently associated with some faults in the hardware. I would suggest you trying to remove as much devices attached to the PC as possible to the bare bone for testing. Reducing to one memory module, one HDD/SSD ,take out Wi-Fi card ... etc.

If problem is gone, put back the device one by one.

If problem persist, change to a new SSD/HDD, seems like something is not right with the drive.
    I see.Its a laptop and honestly im a bit afraid of removing everything lol.But I agree hopefully transfering the os to an m.2 ssd would fix alot of problems.Thanks
  • Afdhal
    ttttt said:
    @Afdhal

As long as you have created system image backup, nothing will be deleted.

Or when you reset your PC, you will be given the choice of keeping your data files or reset it to the point of factory release condition.
    Hi,I have reseted it fully many times before cleaning the drive entirely and Ive never created any system image backup,I was always shown the option of locally installing windows or downloading from the cloud.I wonder if I replace the hdd will windows be locally installed since before when I fully reset the drive etc windows automatically was reinstalled.Hope that makes sense.Thanks  :)
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    >>>>Btw do you have any idea why by pressing Alt +F10 the recovery screen showed my pc/device needs to be repaired blah blah blah>>>Could that be proof that the system interrupts is a hardware issue?>>>

The most likely device that needs repairing is the HDD with ALT+F10 cold boot method. Either its system or boot file corruption on the HDD or an HDD hardware issue. My guess it's the former though Seagate's slipping recently in QA for their mechanical and hybrid drives relative to similar offerings by WesternDigital. 

Jack E/NJ

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Afdhal

Since your laptop is pretty up to date, is it still under warranty? If so, contact for service.

Yeah, try not to open up the laptop and trigger anything that will void the warranty. 

Currently, I still think the SSD (you should have no mechanical drive shipped with your model) is the culprit.
  • Afdhal
    edited August 2021
    JackE said:
    >>>>Btw do you have any idea why :) pressing Alt +F10 the recovery screen showed my pc/device needs to be repaired blah blah blah>>>Could that be proof that the system interrupts is a hardware issue?>>>

The most likely device that needs repairing is the HDD with ALT+F10 cold boot method. Either its system or boot file corruption on the HDD or an HDD hardware issue. My guess it's the former though Seagate's slipping recently in QA for their mechanical and hybrid drives relative to similar offerings by WesternDigital. 

Thankyou Jack,I appreciate the help,hopefully an m.2 with windows booting from it would help significantly or at least speed up the pc preventing high cpu usage.. :3  :)
  • Afdhal
    ttttt said:
    @Afdhal

Since your laptop is pretty up to date, is it still under warranty? If so, contact for service.

Yeah, try not to open up the laptop and trigger anything that will void the warranty. 

Currently, I still think the SSD (you should have no mechanical drive shipped with your model) is the culprit.
    No my friend,My laptop came with an hdd,yes there are models with an ssd I guess it would vary with regions I guess
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Afdhal

Maybe changing for a M.2 NVMe SSD is the best bet.