Acer Aspire a515-51g not booting,no power light or charging light

2»

Answers

• Savantslav
    Savantslav Member Posts: 51 Troubleshooter
    okay i tried holding it (the spring) and put charger on ,no result,okay i tried to put a piece of folded paper and put the cap on and do a reset of a button ,didnt helped,maybe need to reset it with the needle under bottom,ill try the needle bottom reset and tell u the progress
  • Savantslav
    did not work the reset
  • Savantslav
    @JackE i did as you said and it did not work
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    You should not try to press the interlock with the base cover off. Please tape a spacer inside the cover so it presses harder against the button when you screw the base cover back on. Then you can test if the machine turns on.

If it still does not turn on, then disconnect the battery from the mainboard. Put the cover back on and try to turn the laptop on with only the charger and battery disconnected inside.

Jack E/NJ

• Savantslav
    ok thx ill try
  • Savantslav
    @JackE Tried this,didnt work
  • JackE
    Is battery disconnected?

Jack E/NJ

• Savantslav
    yes it is 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    If the machine is not under warranty, and you don't have access to a multimeter or borrow from a friend to check for 19vdc output, then I suggest that you take the machine to a local laptop repair shop for an evaluation and estimated repair since they will have the equipment to do so. Sorry  I have no way of testing your laptop on line or suggesting any further possibilities. Unless the CPU/GPU suddenly overheated for some reason and destroyed the mainboard, no power or battery LED activity whatsoever suggests a discharged battery possibly from an internal cell short and/or subsequent damage to the charger. 

Jack E/NJ

• Savantslav
    okay,thank you for your cooperation
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Savantslav,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

Accent Electronic SA

str.Bulgara 33/1

MD-2001 Chisinau
    Moldova