Acer Aspire a515-51g not booting,no power light or charging light

Savantslav
Savantslav Member Posts: 51 Troubleshooter
Guys,i have a problem,my laptop stopped functioning when i was playing a game,shut down and doesnt turn or,i installed new drivers for chipset and battery and more on driver booster yesterday and played a game when it shut down,i didnt see any smoke or some smell,i tried disconnecting the battery after i dissasembled it and no change,if i insert the charger in laptop it doesnt light up the charge light and it doesnt start,can it be that the battery died and the laptop is not booting because of it?i would appreciate help cuz i tried and paperclip reset thing and power button reset ,nothin.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If the machine is not under warranty, and you don't have access to a multimeter or borrow from a friend to check for 19vdc output, then I suggest that you take the machine to a local laptop repair shop for an evaluation and estimated repair since they will have the equipment to do so. Sorry  I have no way of testing your laptop on line or suggesting any further possibilities. Unless the CPU/GPU suddenly overheated for some reason and destroyed the mainboard, no power or battery LED activity whatsoever suggests a discharged battery possibly from an internal cell short and/or subsequent damage to the charger. 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• Savantslav
    actually not chipset,some controller for intel 6/7 idk thing,i installed all drivers from acer first then downloaded driver booster 8 and downloaded some more drivers that werent on the acer official site for battery,some intel stuff
  • Savantslav
    i did disconect the battery red and black cable which had been conected to motherboard and let it sit for like 10 mins then reconect again,nothing
  • JackE
    Was it plugged in when it unexpectedly shut down?

Jack E/NJ

• Savantslav
    yes it was
  • Savantslav
    i believe its not the charger
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Savantslav,

Did you try to charge with different charger. 
  • Savantslav
    no,i dont have other chargers.
  • JackE
    Do you have access to a multimeter to check charger plug ring and center terminal? Should be 19vdc. The lack of any LED activity and the sudden shutdown plugged in suggests that the battery reached its critical charge of less than about 5%.

Jack E/NJ

• Savantslav
    i dont have a multimeter,but i know for fact that the battery was charged full when i was playing and it was charging it and i raised the laptop to see underneath it and i put the hand to where the vantilator was taking air for cooling ,and it shut down ,the lights went off and that is it.
  • Savantslav
    u know better but i would suppose that if chargent went bad it wouldnt charge and the laptop would run on the battery cuz it was working,it didnt had orange beeping ,i have no idea
  • Savantslav
    i would make a guess and say that if the charger went bad then it made some reset to the battery too and so i need i new charger to make it work again i guess and reset the battery cuz every reset i did rn didnt work.
  • Savantslav
    when i plug the charger in laptol i should at least be able to turn it on but i cant,like something fryed and it doesnt receive power,idk
  • JackE
    OK. In the area of the RAM module socket, there may be a spring-loaded safety interlock switch whose purpose is to cut all power to the mainboard and battery if the bottom cover is loose or misaligned and not pressing hard enough against it to keep the power on. You might try to tighten up the base cover and door screws to see if that might bring it back to life. If not, a spacer might have to be taped to the inside of the base cover so it presses harder against the interlock switch.

Jack E/NJ

• Savantslav
    wait,u mean what cover? umm the black cover that is removable by screws or what,i started the laptop and without the cover,tell me more about it 
  • Savantslav
    i remove the cover to inspect what u send me ,ill see and give u a feedback
  • Savantslav
    okay i found it but i press it and put the charger in,it does not turn on the light of charging
  • Savantslav
    ok i try to put something against it
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Savantslav,

Try this unit charger to charge other system to check.
  • Savantslav
    ill try if possible
  • Savantslav
    nope,not possible