Predator Helios 300 Not handling minecraft.

Options

Answers

• UltanIsPotato
    UltanIsPotato Member Posts: 34 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Is this is Leostat? and I did that update in nvidia control panel with the javaw.exe and its the same

• UltanIsPotato
    Options
    Leostat said:
    xapim said:
    @UltanIsPotato make sure you setup the dgpu manually on nvcp per/game app most times even if its set to the dgpu wont pick it up so force it manually and of course make sure youre always on AC never game on battery only

I have but it still doesn't work.

Nah under the processes tab not the usage tab , one of the columns tells youhow much gpu a process is using 

Also in the above screenshot you haven't set the right exe for Minecraft, it's a fiddely one. While Minecraft is running , right click the process in task manager , open process location . It should take you to a Java exe. That's the thing you need to set to use the graphics card (and also the reason frame rates can be so choppy, windows doesn't see Minecraft as a game due to it being written in Java)
    Here you go.

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    @UltanIsPotato Where did you buy Minecraft?
    - Hotel Hero
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    That's the one but the I go is cut off, if you drop it down and make it full screen there should be collum s for the GPU use 
  • UltanIsPotato
    Options
    Red-Sand said:
    @UltanIsPotato Where did you buy Minecraft?
    On the official minecraft website back in 2015
  • UltanIsPotato
    Options
    Leostat said:
    That's the one but the I go is cut off, if you drop it down and make it full screen there should be collum s for the GPU use 
    Is this it?

• UltanIsPotato
    Options
    Hello? I you guys still helping? 
  • UltanIsPotato
    Options
    I've just discovered something, when I tab out for a bit and tab back in it shows I am getting around 130 fps but when but in less then a second of being tabbed into minecraft it goes from 130 to 50

• Leostat
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Thats the one, so its using GPU 0 which you can get which one that is from the performace tab which from your previous screenshot is the integrated GPU, the overlay is lieing! Expand it to make sure a sub process isnt using the main gpu

Discord also seems to be hammering your CPU and gpu which will be effcting the frame rate, streaming?

Whats in your nvidia control pannel for the performance setttings, and whats under start -> graphics settings?
  • UltanIsPotato
    Options
    Leostat said:
    Thats the one, so its using GPU 0 which you can get which one that is from the performace tab which from your previous screenshot is the integrated GPU, the overlay is lieing! Expand it to make sure a sub process isnt using the main gpu

Discord also seems to be hammering your CPU and gpu which will be effcting the frame rate, streaming?

Whats in your nvidia control pannel for the performance setttings, and whats under start -> graphics settings?
    I wasn't streaming at the time of sending that screenshot, and how do I find performance settings in control pannel and how do I find start-> graphics settings?  with the performance settings do you mean the first screenshot I have sent in this message or is it somewhere else.

• Leostat
    Options
    That's the Nvidia performance settings aye , which binaries are set to use the high performance card under program settings 

And the other one is litteraly start - graphics settings, it's a windows 10 settings menu

It may be worth also killing the discord app as it seems to be eating quite a few system resources, see if that helps the frame rate
  • UltanIsPotato
    Options
    Leostat said:
    That's the Nvidia performance settings aye , which binaries are set to use the high performance card under program settings 

And the other one is litteraly start - graphics settings, it's a windows 10 settings menu

It may be worth also killing the discord app as it seems to be eating quite a few system resources, see if that helps the frame rate
    there ya go, in the nvidia control pannel I have set all options I can choose from where I can choose which graphics cards I can use I chose them all to be set to the 1660ti (High-Performance NVIDIA proccessor)

• Leostat
    Options
    Is that deffo the path to the Java exe? Mine runs from a different place 🤔

Try using that second control panel, at the moment it has nothing set. It's replaced the Nvidia control panel , but they don't make it obvious!

Click the browse button, and then navigate to the javaw exeuable which is executed while Minecraft is running and select use high performance graphics card
  • UltanIsPotato
    Options
    Leostat said:
    Is that deffo the path to the Java exe? Mine runs from a different place 🤔

Try using that second control panel, at the moment it has nothing set. It's replaced the Nvidia control panel , but they don't make it obvious!

Click the browse button, and then navigate to the javaw exeuable which is executed while Minecraft is running and select use high performance graphics card
    thats the javaw.exe and I have tested it and opened task manager and the integrated graphics are still taking most of the work.
  • Leostat
    Options
    If it's not working even when setting it in there I'm not too sure then I'm afraid :( windows is choosing which gpu to run it on and it's using the wrong one, if you enable he scheduling does it work?

From memory your laptop doesn't have a dedicated gpu only mode does it?
  • UltanIsPotato
    Options
    Leostat said:
    If it's not working even when setting it in there I'm not too sure then I'm afraid :( windows is choosing which gpu to run it on and it's using the wrong one, if you enable he scheduling does it work?

From memory your laptop doesn't have a dedicated gpu only mode does it?
    wdym scheduling? where is that and I am not sure if it has a dedicated gpu I wish I knew so I can set it to the right one...
  • Leostat
    Options
    The toggle in the windows setting page, flick it in and reboot
  • UltanIsPotato
    Options
    Leostat said:
    The toggle in the windows setting page, flick it in and reboot
    Sooo! theres good and bad news, I toggled it on and theres is a bit of performance boost and better fps, but news is that I opened task manager and as I quickly switch from the minecraft tab to the task manager I can see that integrated graphics is really high and 1660ti is low still, and as I tab back into minecraft the fps is almost 220 at highest then it shoots back down which is weird.
  • UltanIsPotato
    Options
    Actually as I just tabbed back in again it just went up to 339 fps just then but ofc it shot down again, so there is definately some performance to be put to use from my 1660ti but its not using it annoyingly.
  • UltanIsPotato
    Options
    So I was looking at other similar talks about fps and I found this in one of the threads, so I look went into settings > Display settings > Advanced Display Settings > Display adaptor properties for Display and I found that my moniter is getting its graphics from the inten integrated graphics so what that thread is saying is that I need to get a external moniter for my laptop which I might not be able to do but if that is the only solution then so be it. but If there is is a solution without having to spend $200+ on a moniter then that would be good lol.