Options
2»

Answers

• ballesterosj
    ballesterosj Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>When i press alt+f10 before the acer logo i get taken to the recovery settings. >>>

If you can get to the recovery screen with the optane card removed as egydiocoelho suggested AND BIOS in AHCI mode, I think you should try to reset the system from the recovery screen.
    I will do just that. I'm preparing a usb for the media creation tool, i will give you an update when it's done.
  • ballesterosj

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>When i press alt+f10 before the acer logo i get taken to the recovery settings. >>>

If you can get to the recovery screen with the optane card removed as egydiocoelho suggested AND BIOS in AHCI mode, I think you should try to reset the system from the recovery screen.
    I will do just that. I'm preparing a usb for the media creation tool, i will give you an update when it's done.
    5 hours later and startup repair didnt work.
  • ballesterosj

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:

I ran another reset and now its stuck on preparing without a loading circle.
  • ballesterosj

Tinkerer

edited August 2021
    Options
    JackE said:

I ran another reset and now its stuck on preparing without a loading circle.
    I got out of that but now i occasionally get stuck on undoing changes, when that finishes im still stuck on the acer logo.

Also, when i try boot into safe mode i get blue screened with the stop code INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE. Not even safe mode is safe.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options
    Are you trying to install Win10 from the USB Win10 installation stick? Or are you trying to repair the HDD from the USB Win10 installation stick?

Jack E/NJ

• ballesterosj

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Are you trying to install Win10 from the USB Win10 installation stick? Or are you trying to repair the HDD from the USB Win10 installation stick?
    I tried to repair Win10
  • ballesterosj

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    I tried to repair Win10
    I remember trying to boot into safe mode before resetting anything and I still blue screened, but i dont remember the stop code, i believe its safe to assume that it was still inaccessible boot device.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    >>>I tried to repair Win10 >>>I remember trying to boot into safe mode before resetting anything and I still blue screened, but i dont remember the stop code, i believe its safe to assume that it was still inaccessible boot device. >>>

Yes. That's exactly why I don't think repair will work in this case. The irst mode & optane card has complicated or otherwise made a mess of booting from the HDD. You need to remove the optane card, set the BIOS to AHCI mode and only then completely re-install Windows from the USB stick. If you have any personal data on the HDD that you want to try to save, you should attach it to another PCs USB port with a 2.5" USB-to-HDD adapter (less than $10)  and copy these personal files off before doing this.

Jack E/NJ

• ballesterosj

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>I tried to repair Win10 >>>I remember trying to boot into safe mode before resetting anything and I still blue screened, but i dont remember the stop code, i believe its safe to assume that it was still inaccessible boot device. >>>

Yes. That's exactly why I don't think repair will work in this case. The irst mode & optane card has complicated or otherwise made a mess of booting from the HDD. You need to remove the optane card, set the BIOS to AHCI mode and only then completely re-install Windows from the USB stick. If you have any personal data on the HDD that you want to try to save, you should attach it to another PCs USB port with a 2.5" USB-to-HDD adapter (less than $10)  and copy these personal files off before doing this.
    To be honest, i do not really care about my personal files on it so i will just do it right now at school which isnt a good idea but im doing it.
  • JackE
    Options
    Good luck. Even if it's not a good idea.  :)    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ballesterosj

Tinkerer

edited August 2021
    Options
    JackE said:
    Good luck. Even if it's not a good idea.  :)    Jack E/NJ
    Thank you so much for the help Jack E and others! I won, but at the expense of my data, didnt really care for it, though nothing important was lost.
  • ballesterosj

Tinkerer

edited August 2021
    Options

Just took a look at the device manager and the MX130 GPU is not being detected... Just remembered that I have to go through pain to download drivers...

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Just took a look at the device manager and the MX130 GPU is not being detected... Just remembered that I have to go through pain to download drivers...

Check this version bios:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    edited August 2021
    Options
    >>> I won, but at the expense of my data, didnt really care for it, though nothing important was lost. >>>

Congrats. Try @egydiocoelho BIOS suggestion since MX130 is notorious for playing hide & seek.  =)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ