Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51 screen fails to turn back on after every night

Options
2»

Answers

• thelastdisciple
    thelastdisciple Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Oh wow, this pretty much the same thing has been happening on my laptop as well and i just came here to make a thread.

It's such a specific problem i wasn't sure if i would even find a thread but here we are and it's not just me!

I have the Predator PH317-53

For me there's a slight difference where i don't close my lid, my laptop remains open but i still have it set for the display to turn off after 15 minutes of inactivity, I have found that after a number of hours when my system is running idle (like tonight where I left my laptop for a couple hours to watch wrestling) and I return to it suddenly everything is unresponsive, my external USB mouse and keyboard do not light up and do not function. Even the laptop's own keyboard is not lighting up but the laptop is still on because the fans are obviously still spinning and my USB hub is lit up so it's also still getting power.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @thelastdisciple Does the same problem occur when updating drivers on intel and nvidia websites? Are there any external devices plugged into the usbs ports?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • thelastdisciple

Tinkerer

Options
    egydiocoelho

As i mentioned my external USB mouse and USB keyboard do not light up or do not function when this happens. I also have a 4 (5 if we count the port used to connect to the laptop)-port USB hub running an external HDD and Optical DVD drive. Maybe i should try unplugging everything just to see if it still happens? It probably will as i doubt it has anything to do with that but you never know i suppose. Some kind of USB power load error?

I have been updating drivers on a fairly regular basis from Intel and NVIDIA (actually have yet to do the latest latest NVIDIA one) and as far as I've noticed there is no affect on whatever is causing this, i ma@egydiocoelho clean installs each time. It started happening months ago before i updated some drivers and it's still happening now after the fact. I have no way of knowing for sure if any specific driver update could have caused this since it was that long ago that and Windows Updates are a regular occurrence also, maybe that screwed something up?

I did do some BIOS updates last night which were successful and without any obvious error so we'll see if that had any positive change.

Also i noticed some common errors in the Event Viewer when this system crash happens.

The bugcheck ones say "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000010e (0x000000000000002d, 0xffffb18c7ccbebf0, 0xffffb18c7cbf67c0, 0xffff9b83ea366ee0). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000."

and "Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file." (i tried using WhoCrashed to look at the full Memory.DMP and it said it was corrupted or something which might have something to do with what the next error is saying.

volmgr says "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation."

and EventLog says "The previous system shutdown at 9:29:11 PM on ‎2022-‎01-‎21 was unexpected."

The last few times this happened back on December 5th, 2021 the same errors are reported

Bugcheck has different codes reported but ultimately the same.

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8027a9113b7, 0xfffffa05f569f598, 0xfffff8027e825920). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000."

I can go back to November 29th and November 22nd as well, same errors are present.

I am assuming i would see a BSOD when this happens but because the display will not return and the system is frozen...

Not to mention I'm not even present when all this takes place.

I tried the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and it seems to reach the end without any errors however when the computer restarts it doesn't give me the log file with the results, it doesn't show up in Event Viewer either.
  • thelastdisciple

Tinkerer

Options

As I've said in my previous post, my USB mouse and USB keyboard are unresponsive when this happens so along with those and the 4-port USB hub that has an external HDD and Optical DVD drive plugged in i definitely have a few devices running on the system at any time. Maybe i should try unplugging everything and leave the laptop for a while? I doubt that'll have any change but I guess anything is possible with computers and power management.

I have made fairly regular updates from Intel and NVIDIA since before and after this was happening so as far as I know there's no effect. I usually made sure to do clean installs where possible. I have managed to update my BIOS last night and that went successfully without any obvious errors so we'll see how it goes.

Aside from that i did notice some common occurrences in the Event Viewer from the times that this happened.

The bugcheck says "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000010e (0x000000000000002d, 0xffffb18c7ccbebf0, 0xffffb18c7cbf67c0, 0xffff9b83ea366ee0). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000."

and the other one "Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file."

Both volmgr say "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation."

EventLog says "The previous system shutdown at 9:29:11 PM on ‎2022-‎01-‎21 was unexpected."

From the time before last the same errors are present.

The bugcheck has some different numbers but it's basically the same info

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8027a9113b7, 0xfffffa05f569f598, 0xfffff8027e825920). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000."

I am assuming there's a BSOD that happens but since the display is off and the laptop is unresponsive...

Not to mention I am not in front of the laptop to see when this actually happens i just know it's upon my return after running idle and the display is off. I must reiterate what the last person has said in that there is no sleep or hibernate enabled, it's only the display that turns off after 15 mins and usually you jiggle the mouse and the screen comes back just like you would with a screensaver.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @thelastdisciple Yes, try unplugging all peripherals from the usbs ports. It is possible that the hub could be interfering with sleep or hibernation. Also try disabling fast startup in power options and restart windows.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • paulofelipe
    paulofelipe Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hey,

Has anyone been able to solve the problem based on some configuration change or did you have to take the notebook to technical assistance? I'm experiencing the same problem. Every morning the computer doesn't turn on the first time. I need to try it a few times until it works. However, if I turn it off and turn it on after a few minutes, the computer turns on on the first try.

• nivreph
    nivreph Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    Options
    BLeeBlee said:
    I have this problem and I cannot seem to figure out what to do to fix it.

I work on my laptop use it plugged in, my setting for the screen is to turn off after 10mins of inactivity and that's how it has been since I got the laptop in 2018. Zero problems.
    The problems start with me coming back to the computer in the morning and I opened the lid of the laptop but the screen doesn't come on. I press the space bar on the keyboard and the keyboard lights up, so that means the computer is running it's just the screen doesn't come back on. I have to force restart the laptop every time. Started to happen about half a year a go but it happened on very rare occasions then it became more and more frequently until these this week its happening every morning.

I before every time the laptop freeze I would restart it and the windows update would give me notifications to update, so I updated it. I figured the auto update feature is messing with restarting windows because it seems to happen at a specific time and did my best to prevent windows auto update. Helped at first but this two weeks even after force restart I went to windows update and it's telling me no updated is required.

I'm out of ideas on whats the problem
    I have kept windows updated
    I have updated all drivers including nvidia GTX1060 drivers
    I have turned off the screen inactivity shut off feature

Please if anyone has any idea on what the problem is, I need help.
    I would hate to have to do a reinstall of windows and reinstalling all the software I need for work, I hope i wouldn't have to come to that.
    Try opening your event viewer and see if there are error or critical logs that involve the nvidia driver crashing. If so, i think we have the same issue. What i did is quite risky and just out of desperation. I rolled backed the bios to a previous version (downloaded from acer download page) then updated it also using the latest bios downloaded from acer.