Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51 screen fails to turn back on after every night

BLeeBlee
BLeeBlee Member Posts: 27 Troubleshooter
I have this problem and I cannot seem to figure out what to do to fix it.

I work on my laptop use it plugged in, my setting for the screen is to turn off after 10mins of inactivity and that's how it has been since I got the laptop in 2018. Zero problems.
The problems start with me coming back to the computer in the morning and I opened the lid of the laptop but the screen doesn't come on. I press the space bar on the keyboard and the keyboard lights up, so that means the computer is running it's just the screen doesn't come back on. I have to force restart the laptop every time. Started to happen about half a year a go but it happened on very rare occasions then it became more and more frequently until these this week its happening every morning.

I before every time the laptop freeze I would restart it and the windows update would give me notifications to update, so I updated it. I figured the auto update feature is messing with restarting windows because it seems to happen at a specific time and did my best to prevent windows auto update. Helped at first but this two weeks even after force restart I went to windows update and it's telling me no updated is required.

I'm out of ideas on whats the problem
I have kept windows updated
I have updated all drivers including nvidia GTX1060 drivers
I have turned off the screen inactivity shut off feature

Please if anyone has any idea on what the problem is, I need help.
I would hate to have to do a reinstall of windows and reinstalling all the software I need for work, I hope i wouldn't have to come to that.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi BLeeBlee,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • BLeeBlee
    Thank you, I will give it a try.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi BLeeBlee,

Yes plz update us once you done with it. 
  • Smegma11
    Smegma11 Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi BLeeBLee, Easwar tells everyone to do that same thing with all their problems. I don't know what it does, but hope it works for you. I used to have the same thing happen to an old machine I owned. It was on Windows 7 though. I could never get it fixed but I did find a work around. I used to put the computer in hibernate instead of sleep mode. It took a little longer to come back on, especially with Windows 7 but it was all I could figure out. If that other thing doesn't work and you get no other fixes, try it.
  • Batareika007
    Batareika007 Member Posts: 106 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi BLeeBlee, check your ram memory for error/problems, you have "windows memory diagnostic" under search it on windows. 

• BLeeBlee
    Well, Easwar's suggestion seem to do something I think.
    The problem hasn't occurred in a couple days, but this morning the problem happened. LOL
  • BLeeBlee
    Smegma11 said:
    Hi BLeeBLee, Easwar tells everyone to do that same thing with all their problems. I don't know what it does, but hope it works for you. I used to have the same thing happen to an old machine I owned. It was on Windows 7 though. I could never get it fixed but I did find a work around. I used to put the computer in hibernate instead of sleep mode. It took a little longer to come back on, especially with Windows 7 but it was all I could figure out. If that other thing doesn't work and you get no other fixes, try it.

The weird thing is I have set in the Power Options menu when laptop plugged in to NEVER go into sleep/hibernation, the laptop should constantly be in active mode. I also added to not turn the screen off when plugged in. The only time the screen turns off is when I close my laptop lid, then the screen doesn't turn back on when I opened the lid back up. Last resort for me to try I guess is to never close the lid at all and keep the screen on for a few days to see if that does anything to help, but I am concerned about screen burn in and the fact I won't be able to sleep with the screen lighting up my room.
  • BLeeBlee
    Hi BLeeBlee, check your ram memory for error/problems, you have "windows memory diagnostic" under search it on windows. 

Thank you
    I will give that a try right now.

• Batareika007
    BLeeBlee said:

Thank you

when your notebook sleeping, there is no power at whole except for ram memory, all your work saved there, so when you start your mashin it become so quickly turn on.
    you said it like all time you put your laptop to sleep, so ram worked 24/7. for desktop pc it's ok, but for notebook idk. so the first think is to check is ram and if you have freezes, check all of your ssd / hdd drivers too (if you have more then one)   

sorry for my English, I hope it was understandable =)
  • BLeeBlee
    BLeeBlee said:

Thank you

when your notebook sleeping, there is no power at whole except for ram memory, all your work saved there, so when you start your mashin it become so quickly turn on.
    you said it like all time you put your laptop to sleep, so ram worked 24/7. for desktop pc it's ok, but for notebook idk. so the first think is to check is ram and if you have freezes, check all of your ssd / hdd drivers too (if you have more then one)   

sorry for my English, I hope it was understandable =)
    I have set my laptop to never sleep/hibernate and the screen never shuts off unless I close the lid.
    What I mean when I say sleep is me, not the laptop. I mean I go to sleep at night and come back to use the laptop in the next morning. lol =)

Anyways I did the diagnostic check in normal and in extended mode but twice I log back into Windows but I do not get a diagnostic report of the Ram check results. Does it pop up my itself or do I need to go somewhere to see the report?

• Batareika007
    Hi BLeeBlee, what a embarrassing lol.

usually it's popap after you login, it's take about 2 minute to popap.

you can check it in Event Viewer, search eventvwr.exe

Go to -- windows logs -- system (right click) -- find "MemoryDiagnostics-Result"

Find Next, and then you will see the log on MemoryDiagnostics

• BLeeBlee
    Hi BLeeBlee, what a embarrassing lol.

usually it's popap after you login, it's take about 2 minute to popap.

you can check it in Event Viewer, search eventvwr.exe

Go to -- windows logs -- system (right click) -- find "MemoryDiagnostics-Result"

Find Next, and then you will see the log on MemoryDiagnostics

Welp, my laptop is sick.
  • Batareika007

There must to be logs for everything, it's strange.
    I think the solution is simple, but we need to find exactly what make that issue.  
    can you check the lasted windows version on your laptop - write on search "winver"

and run the application

let see if you need so updates, some times windows didn't get the lasted update...

• BLeeBlee

I think the solution is simple, but we need to find exactly what make that issue.  
    can you check the lasted windows version on your laptop - write on search "winver"

and run the application

let see if you need so updates, some times windows didn't get the lasted update...

It's always up to date.
    I can't disable the auto update feature because it is only a Windows 10 Home edition.
  • BLeeBlee

and run the application

It's always up to date.
    I can't disable the auto update feature because it is only a Windows 10 Home edition.
  • BLeeBlee

Did the scan and it did found some corrupted files and repaired them.
    So, this should fix my problem?
    I'll have to give it a week to see if my problem come back.

Thank you for your assist.

• Batareika007
    BLeeBlee said:

Did the scan and it did found some corrupted files and repaired them.
    So, this should fix my problem?
    I'll have to give it a week to see if my problem come back.

Thank you for your assist.

I don't sure if it fix, we just trying some step to see what exactly can be the problem.

you can try now to check the memory test again and see if there will be will be logs.
  • multicomp
    multicomp Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey @BLeeBlee, were you able to find a solution? I've been facing the same problem for a while now. I'd love to be able to close the lid of my laptop again.
  • @multicomp Is there any external device plugged into any USB port?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)