Model E15-575G-728I after SSD upgrade, problem booting to correct drive

courtcourt Member Posts: 2 New User
Greetings People, Help please, I have installed 500G WD M.2 SSD, I have imaged the drive from my previous OS drive, everything works fine if I just have the M.2 SSD installed, all boots all works fine, I have checked the BCD it all points to the correct drive. If i then fit the hard disc , fully blank with nothing on it, the laptops trying to boot to the blank hard drive.In the BIOS the SSD is the first drive, i have spent so much time trying to work this out, but can not. I am asking help please to sort my issue.

Best Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 21,042 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    Insert the HDD and start up the laptop, as soon as you press power button, press F2 to enter BIOS screen, move to Main tab and press F9 button to set BIOS to default values, then press F10 button to Save&Exit and see whether it helps.
  • courtcourt Member Posts: 2 New User
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    Insert the HDD and start up the laptop, as soon as you press power button, press F2 to enter BIOS screen, move to Main tab and press F9 button to set BIOS to default values, then press F10 button to Save&Exit and see whether it helps.
    Thank you very much, this worked and fixed the problem, once again thank you... 
    Accepted Answer
    court said:
    Hi,
    You are welcome  :)

FAQ & Answers

Accepted Answer
    Hi,
  • EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 2,230
    Hi court,

In the BIOS information page is the unit HDD is showing. ​
  • courtcourt Member Posts: 2 New User
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    Accepted Answer
    court said:
    Hi,
    You are welcome  :)