Model E15-575G-728I after SSD upgrade, problem booting to correct drive

court
court Member Posts: 2 New User
Greetings People, Help please, I have installed 500G WD M.2 SSD, I have imaged the drive from my previous OS drive, everything works fine if I just have the M.2 SSD installed, all boots all works fine, I have checked the BCD it all points to the correct drive. If i then fit the hard disc , fully blank with nothing on it, the laptops trying to boot to the blank hard drive.In the BIOS the SSD is the first drive, i have spent so much time trying to work this out, but can not. I am asking help please to sort my issue.

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Insert the HDD and start up the laptop, as soon as you press power button, press F2 to enter BIOS screen, move to Main tab and press F9 button to set BIOS to default values, then press F10 button to Save&Exit and see whether it helps.
  • court
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Insert the HDD and start up the laptop, as soon as you press power button, press F2 to enter BIOS screen, move to Main tab and press F9 button to set BIOS to default values, then press F10 button to Save&Exit and see whether it helps.
    Thank you very much, this worked and fixed the problem, once again thank you... 
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    court said:
    Hi,
    You are welcome  :)

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi court,

In the BIOS information page is the unit HDD is showing. ​
  • court
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    court said:
    Hi,
    You are welcome  :)