Older aspire x3470 upgrades possible?

Options
13»

Answers

• Deffie
    Deffie Member Posts: 33 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hello,
    Yesterday internet arrived so completer thé install with Windows and firmware upgrades .
    I al working via lan cable as thé pc has no wifi nor BT reviewers.
    I notices before when putting thé GT 1030 :)  there is a small PCI slot right under thé gpu pci and i think this might fit a wifi bluetooth adapter . ???
    They are quite expensive around 45-50€ . A bluetooth or wifi adapter(usb) by itself  are cheaper but i do not have many usb slots only 6 (thé front usb & cardreader we're not good anymore.)
    Would ant brand work on a Acer?

Thé pc itself works really good and still fast , it Boots in 6 -8 seconds and inside Windows evertthing reacts quite Swift . Will try a game  and a heavier programme later. Does not make much noise neither.
    Maybe i Can Do a benchmark and post results, but have never done that before.

I do have troubles upgrading bios version.
    When executing thé flash.bat file (as instructies by Acer) it stops and shuts down at 96 % and bios is not updated.
    Normale it takes a bit longer i Remember.
    Any advice would be Very helpfull.
    Could i try burn  the flash on a cd of USB stick?

If any more tips?

Thanks again For helping me with thé aspire x3470

Greetz

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    That slot is a PCI Express x1 slot, which you can populate with a great number of cards. Amazon in the US shows a number of the WiFi cards for that slot in the $20 range, I would expect the pricing will be similar from other vendors, though you might have to add VAT to the price...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.