aspire 3 a315-53 How I can turn off rst, to install ubuntu?

MadiDol
MadiDol Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I already tried press ctrl+s in main page of BIOS. Its not working, nothing happening after that. I have Sata configuration in advanced page of bios, but there I just have ports to enable.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,174 Pathfinder

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• what is the exact model? example an515-51-75kz. It may be necessary to update the bios to enable the ctrl+s command.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MadiDol

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho acer aspire 3 a315-53
  • MadiDol

Tinkerer

BIOS version  V1.19, 

• MadiDol

Tinkerer

Acer-William after I disabled it my ubuntu starting screen wasnt even
  • MadiDol

Tinkerer

working. Just black screen with some codes
  • MadiDol

Tinkerer

Now I wanna try install older version of ubuntu. Will it work?
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    usualy you will want never versions rather than older , first thing to try is add the boot option acpi=off to the grub boot options (e on the kernel select or boot option) that fixes a few random things, then drop us whats on the screen and we can try to figure out whats needed :) laptops can be a PITA to get working
  • MadiDol

Tinkerer

Acer-William after I disabled it my ubuntu starting screen just became black with some codes
  • MadiDol

Tinkerer

Acer-William will it help if I just install older versions of ubuntu?
  • Leostat
    What Ubuntu version are you trying at the moment?
  • MadiDol

Tinkerer

Leostat I have installed 19.10 version but its not working so well. I cannot install anything. So am still looking for the answer to turn off rst
  • You want to change sata mode to ahci, correct? In this case, bios version 1.20 fixes something related to ahci/rst mode.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MadiDol

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho yes right. So i need to update my bios?
  • Leostat
    Try a much newer version, 19 is pretttty old try 21.04 or fedord 34, it will probs still will need to turn ACPI off though