Can't turn off RST - Aspire 7

gauravghati
gauravghati Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
How do I turn off RST for the Ubuntu installation? I have 512 NVMe SSD and no HDD in my Acer Aspire 7 and there is no option for turn off iRST or RAID or change hard disk config in BIOS, BIOS is at the latest version.

Answers

• tanie
    tanie Member Posts: 1 New User
    How do I turn off RST for the Ubuntu installation? I have 512 NVMe SSD and no HDD in my Acer Aspire 7 and there is no option for turn off iRST or RAID or change hard disk config in BIOS, BIOS is at the latest version.
    Have you found solution? I have exatcly the problem. Searched the whole internet for it and got nothing
  • gauravghati
    gauravghati Member Posts: 4 New User
    I found the solution, I changed from RST to AHCI mode in BIOS, it's hidden in Acer Aspire 7, you have to edit the hidden sata setting by pressing ctrl+s in BIOS and then change it to AHCI mode.
  • rva1945
    rva1945 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I found the solution, I changed from RST to AHCI mode in BIOS, it's hidden in Acer Aspire 7, you have to edit the hidden sata setting by pressing ctrl+s in BIOS and then change it to AHCI mode.
    I have an Acer Aspire 3 and cotrl+s does nothing in BIOS. Still looking for a way to turn RST/RAID off no t only for installing Ubuntu Linux, I can´t even install a Win 732 or 64 bit, it asks for a CD/DVD driver to no avail. I'm using a USB boot ISO image.
  • rva1945
    rva1945 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I just disabled SATA port 1 in BIOS (I guessed it is the SSD) and I could install Ubuntu.