powerbutton on keyboard is working yet the keyboard itself is not

giean
giean Member Posts: 4 New User
I recently had a problem with my laptop's power button. The laptop's power button would only work if unless I press a random key on the keyboard, but now when I opened my laptop, the power button worked just fine, but when I tried to type, the keyboard does not work anymore. I am now typing using the on screen keyboard, is there any way for this to be fixed?

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @giean

If your laptop is out of warranty then I'll suggest to open it up to check the keyboard connection and pay attention to the ribbon cable. This process should not be difficult, for some laptops it may be only the matter of disengaging some latches at the edge with a credit card or guitar pick. Go to Youtube or the right side pane here and check the Acer Support Video to see if videos are available for your model ( or some similar models) about take down of the laptop or replacing keyboard.

Maybe it is just poor connection with the cable, or some dirt jamming the power button .
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,767 Trailblazer

Please don't post multiple posts on same issue and then not respond to other user comments on your problem. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/642851/aspire-3-a315-53-389vhow-do-i-fix-the-power-button-on-my-laptop#latest

Jack E/NJ