worst servicing ever - predator helios 300 ph315-52

ri_gga
ri_gga Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops
my Acer predator helios 300 ph315-52 had backlight bleeding so I contacted the service center for getting the screen replaced. after a lot of convincing, they agreed that they will replace my screen, and their technician who was assigned to replace the display killed my motherboard. it took a week for the motherboard to arrive, and keep in mind that I am a 5th-semester computer engineering student, with 2 internships going on as of now, and I have a ton of assignments to do daily because of the deadlines. so, in that one week, where I was left without my laptop, due to a completely avoidable mistake, I was not able to complete my assignments, missed my deadlines, and was not able to participate in the live coding sessions hosted by my professors (who expect a lot from me). this sure did cost me a lot, speaking academically, and mentally too.
now after all the hassle and wait, the display which they installed is even worse, has more bleeding, a dead pixel in the middle of the screen, and is installed loosely (literally moves up, down, back, and forth behind the bezels). the thermal performance is absolute horse-*****, reaches 93 when I play rainbow six siege, and I sit in front of a window AC which blasts cool air onto the laptop (i usually avg on sub 80 temps like this)
now, when I contacted the service center regarding all the issues with the newer display, they put me through to a manager who proposed that they won't install a new display but what they are willing to do is install the stock display which they have kept with themselves as a solution, which is literally not a "solution" to my original complaint.
I genuinely feel cheated on and violated by this type of behavior from Acer's "service" center, which sadly failed to serve me.

any sort of help from an Acer official is greatly appreciated, please feel free to open a discussion with me on this thread.

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• Smegma11
    Smegma11 Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited June 2021
    How old is the laptop? Was it a warranty repair or did you pay for it? Is it still under warranty or is it a paid for service contract? It sounds like you might have to settle for 'fixed' if not fixed perfectly to your satisfaction. 
  • Smegma11
    Smegma11 Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited June 2021

I have been reading many such complaints here and Acer is a 1 year company for support. They seem to not want to support bios much after that and it looks like their service department loses interest after that amount of time too. I would advise people to limit their investment in an Acer computer to around $1000. Most will get a good value for this amount of money if you can get one on sale and you can use it up in 15 -24 months and do it again when it wears out. Any more than that would be too big an amount for a company that doesn't seem to stand by it's customers, long term.  The same thing seems to go for most of these store warranties like Asurion that are sold. Every review I have read say they are worthless, I have never read a good review from one.
    I'm sorry you are having so much trouble. Good luck.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited June 2021
    ri_gga said:
    my Acer predator helios 300 ph315-52 had backlight bleeding so I contacted the service center for getting the screen replaced. after a lot of convincing, they agreed that they will replace my screen, and their technician who was assigned to replace the display killed my motherboard. it took a week for the motherboard to arrive, and keep in mind that I am a 5th-semester computer engineering student, with 2 internships going on as of now, and I have a ton of assignments to do daily because of the deadlines. so, in that one week, where I was left without my laptop, due to a completely avoidable mistake, I was not able to complete my assignments, missed my deadlines, and was not able to participate in the live coding sessions hosted by my professors (who expect a lot from me). this sure did cost me a lot, speaking academically, and mentally too.
    now after all the hassle and wait, the display which they installed is even worse, has more bleeding, a dead pixel in the middle of the screen, and is installed loosely (literally moves up, down, back, and forth behind the bezels). the thermal performance is absolute horse-*****, reaches 93 when I play rainbow six siege, and I sit in front of a window AC which blasts cool air onto the laptop (i usually avg on sub 80 temps like this)
    now, when I contacted the service center regarding all the issues with the newer display, they put me through to a manager who proposed that they won't install a new display but what they are willing to do is install the stock display which they have kept with themselves as a solution, which is literally not a "solution" to my original complaint.
    I genuinely feel cheated on and violated by this type of behavior from Acer's "service" center, which sadly failed to serve me.

any sort of help from an Acer official is greatly appreciated, please feel free to open a discussion with me on this thread.

//Edited the content to add model name.

I am very sorry to hear this, please keep in mind that the Acer community is not a direct portal to Customer service or tech support (complaints department etc), Acer employees (moderators) read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some will interact with members when appropriate, but primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas. 

Do you have the case ID  number or serial number of the unit and can you please send it to me via private messaging, what we can do is forward the information you provide us to the team in your location so they can have someone follow up back with you and see what agreement can you guys get to, unfortunately, we cannot take decisions or make changes here as we don't even have the access to the system that our support team has, the solution will have to be given by either the service center or the call center Technical support department that is taking care of your complaint.

Thank you for your interest and participation in the Acer Support Forums.

Note: This thread will be now closed. 

best regards, 

Acer-Manny 

This discussion has been closed.