how can i flash ACER Aspire 4752G BIOS?

Meeedo0o0o
Meeedo0o0o Member Posts: 39 Troubleshooter
edited April 17 in Aspire Laptops
please can someone help me flash the BIOS for ACER Aspire 4752G.
i had a recent windows 10 update and afterf restart the laptop showed undoing update then restarted and stop at 75% BIOS loading.
there is Phoenix writting at the bottom right corner, is that my BIOS make?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,778 Trailblazer
    Yes, phoenix. Press and hold power  key till laptop shuts off. About  5 secs. Unplug charger. Remove battery pack. Press and hold power key again for about a minute. Replace battery pack. Plug charger back in. Wait for battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue. Turn machine back on and immediatly start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Press F9 to load BIOS default. Then press F10 to save settings and exit. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Meeedo0o0o
    @JackE
    i did exactly as you mentioned above but nothing happened. it still have acer logo and 75% loading at bottom bar and then nothing happens. i attached a photo also.

• JackE
    Yes OK. But did you get into the BIOS menu? This is most important.

Jack E/NJ

• Meeedo0o0o
    No, i could not.
  • JackE
    Press and hold the  power button again till the laptop shuts off. Then press and hold the F2 key. Then while still holding F2, turn the machine back on. Can you get to the BIOS menu now?

Jack E/NJ

• Meeedo0o0o
    No, still can't.
  • JackE
    Do you know how to access the memory module compartment? There are two small triangular shaped BIOS reset jumpers located to the left about an inch away from the module sockets. With the battery pack and charger unplugged, they must be shorted with a small screwdriver for about 5 seconds to reset the BIOS.

Jack E/NJ

• Meeedo0o0o
    do i need to remove the battery inside before doing so?
  • Meeedo0o0o
    i think it's called CMOS battery. shall i remove it also before doing this procedure?
  • JackE
    If you can access the button cell, that would help. But not absolutely necessary. Unfortunately it may not be easily accessble from the bottom.

Jack E/NJ

• Meeedo0o0o
    okay, done. now shall i connect everything back and just start the laptop?
  • Meeedo0o0o
    i started the laptop and got the same screen with ACER logo and 75% BIOS loading.
    i tried pressing F2 but nothing happens.
  • JackE
    Do you have a bootable Windows USB pendrive? If not, make one using Microsoft's usb media creation tool.   We've got to try to boot the USB drive using the F12 cold boot method. From there we can try to repair either the system drive or BIOS.

Jack E/NJ

• Meeedo0o0o
    okay, i downloaded the media creation tool. i had windows 10 home edition but i can't remember if it was 32 or 64 bit. does it make difference in this step?
  • Meeedo0o0o
    also i'm not really familiar with the F12 cold boot method. can you please explain to me how to use it?
  • JackE
    Probably 64-bit. Shut the laptop off. Insert the installation USB pendrive in one of USB ports. Turn the laptop on and immediately start  tapping the F12 key. If the BIOS is still alive and if the BIOS F12 boot option enabled (two IFs), the pendrive should boot to and installation menu with a troubleshooting or advanced option, If it doesn;t boot, repeat the procedure in another USB port.

Jack E/NJ

• Meeedo0o0o
    I tried the USB in 3 available ports and then start the laptop and keep pressing F12. I got the ACER logo with BIOS 75% loading, same as before, then nothing happens.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,454 Trailblazer
    I tried the USB in 3 available ports and then start the laptop and keep pressing F12. I got the ACER logo with BIOS 75% loading, same as before, then nothing happens.

Doing a BIOS update on an Aspire 4752G laptop is a very simple process and you should not have had any problems with either updating to Win-10 and/or flashing the BIOS within Win-7, 8 or 10 to the last BIOS update for the 4752G BIOS which is the v1.24 dated 2012/12/26 and titled “BIOS” which is through an executable file that is named “JE40124.EXE”.

Btw and seeing that you have these hanging problems it could be your old spinner HDD that could be on its way out and faulty, it could also be memory problems and/or a cpu, so check all these aspects of your 4752G’s hardware and if they are not faulty and are in good working order? I would suggest that you use

To recover your BIOS copy the v1.24 DOS section files to a USB drive first. Then turn off your laptop, take the battery out to reset the laptop, replug the battery put the bootable USB into the 4752G’s side USB plug and turn your laptop ON, wait for the BIOS to initiate and to start its flash process and go through its stages to flash BIOS. After the flash you laptop should have the v1.24 BIOS and you should be able to install Win-10 through the Win-10 installation USB, make sure that the laptop’s 1st boot is the USB.

• Meeedo0o0o
    The laptop was running fine with windows 10, i was planning on changing the HDD to an SSD neext week to make it faster :)
    I was not trying to update the BOIS originally, i was updating windows 10 to 21H1 version and all went good then it restarted to continue the update, suddenly it displayed "undoing windows updates" and restarted in the current condition with 75% BIOS and ACER logo.

I tried the USB with the files from the DOS folder inside the BIOS v1.24 but nothing happened. The USB light flashed for a couple of seconds then stopped. The screen same with ACER logo and 75% BIOS load at the bottom. The fan sound became loud after around 5 minutes but i don't know the reason and nothing happened.
  • JackE
    edited June 2021
    OK. Shut the laptop off again. Remove charger and battery pack. Disconnect HDD. Then reassemble the machine. Reinsert battery pack and charger. Insert the USB stick. Then turn the machine on to see if it will boot from the stick without the HDD connected.

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.