how can i flash ACER Aspire 4752G BIOS?

Answers

• Meeedo0o0o
    Meeedo0o0o Member Posts: 39 Troubleshooter
    Okay, disconnected HDD and turned the laptop on with the USB connected in 3 different ports. Same resullts, ACER logo and BIOS 75% loading.
  • Meeedo0o0o
    I can see the light for the USB stick flash for seconds, also everytime i start the laptop i hear sound from the DVD player. why do you think it stops at 75% loading and why it doesn't load from the USB although it can read it?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,778 Trailblazer
    OK. Now with the HDD still disconnected, remove one RAM module. And try it again.

Jack E/NJ

• Meeedo0o0o
    I get a black screen and the USB light doesn't flash (laptop doesn't read it) when i remove the RAM module.
    I tried all three USB ports.
    PS: I only have one RAM module. 
  • JackE
    >>>stops at 75% loading>>>

Did you get to this point with the HDD disconnected and the  RAM module connected?

Jack E/NJ

• Meeedo0o0o
    Okay, disconnected HDD and turned the laptop on with the USB connected in 3 different ports. Same resullts, ACER logo and BIOS 75% loading.
    I'm confused now. I did that before. Isn't the bar at the bottom right corner of the screen is for the BIOS loading? it has been showing 75% loading everytime with or without HDD.

• Meeedo0o0o
    Yes, i got to that piont with the HDD disconnected and the RAM module connected.
  • JackE
    Yes, the BIOS is probably not able to complete intializing ALL basic input and output devices. They would be the HDD, the RAM, the keyboard, the graphics & screen and USB ports. The keyboard isn't responding so I'm suspect this may be what the BIOS can't initialize. Try this. Reconnect the HDD & RAM. But put the RAM in the other socket. With the  laptop turned off and no external devices plugged in (including mouse), press and hold your palm against a  bunch of random keys. Then turn the  machine on. Do you hear a keyboard beep error? Do you get to the same 75% as if the keyboard wasn't connected?

Jack E/NJ

• Meeedo0o0o
    The keyboard is working because when i press the FN and arrow (up or down), the brightness changes up and down.
  • JackE
    Yes. But I'd really like to know if you get a beep error when you palm a bunch of random keys on startup? If you still get to the 75% screen, does it reboot,respond or otherwise give another screen if you press Ctrl+Alt+Del

Jack E/NJ

• Meeedo0o0o
    I don't get an error beep when i press a bunch of random keys on startup.
    The laptop reboots if i press Ctrl+Alt+Del.
    PS: i still have have the HDD disconnected.
  • Meeedo0o0o
    I also noticed that if I press F2, F10 or F12 repeatedly then press Ctrl+Alt+Del the laptop doesn't respond while if i don't press anything and press Ctrl+Alt+Del it restarts and load 75% BIOS everytime. The fan sound becomes loud after sometime as well.
  • JackE
    >>> if I press F2, F10 or F12 repeatedly then press Ctrl+Alt+Del the laptop doesn't respond>>>

Good observation. How about if you repeatedly press a normal alphanumeric key like number 5 or letter G? Does Ctrl ALT Del respond?

Jack E/NJ

• Meeedo0o0o
    No, it doesn't respond also 
  • JackE
    (1) What happens at the 75% screen when you start  tapping the F2 key?
    (2) If nothing, what happens at the 75% screen when you press & hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key?

Jack E/NJ

• Meeedo0o0o
    Nothing happens in both cases, the laptop stays on the ACER logo and 75% loading.
  • JackE
    What happens when you press FN+F6 and FN+F5 at the 75% screen?

Jack E/NJ

• Meeedo0o0o
    F6 on/off screen and F5 does nothing.
  • JackE
    >>>F6 on/off screen and F5 does nothing.>>>

Are you also pressing the FN key at the same time?

Jack E/NJ

• Meeedo0o0o
    @JackE does all the questions and answers lead to a certain conclusion?
This discussion has been closed.