Acer Aspire Startup/Setup Guide (or Setup Poster) Aspire TC-895-EB11 .

Thrip
Thrip Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
As many of you would be quite familiar with in the, "Acer Desktop Computer's Manual" -re: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Document/User Manual/User Manual_Acer_1.0_A_A.pdf?acerid=637285788914794552&amp;Step1=DESKTOP&amp;Step2=ASPIRE&amp;Step3=ASPIRE TC-895&amp;OS=ALL&amp;LC=en&amp;BC=ACER&amp;SC=EMEA_27  -it says, (-see copied & pasted at the end of this question/message) something about once connected to the internet to go to, < http://go.acer.com/?id=17883 > to download computer updates, to open the Acer Support web page, allow you to enter the serial #, SNID or product model, -install the Acer Identification utility, -and receive any updates or documents listed.

When looking through the "Acer Desktop Computer's Manual", I see mention of, "We have designed a set of guides: First off, the Setup Guide (or Setup Poster) helps you get started with setting up your computer."  -But I can't find any such, "Setup Guide or Setup Poster",.....
-I'm now wondering if this Setup Guide can be obtained by going to, < http://go.acer.com/?id=17883 > to the Acer Support web page -so as to scroll down to Drivers & Manuals to enter the S/N, product model, or SNID, and to install the Acer identification utility etc. ?

The thing is, I don't want to connect this Acer Aspire computer to the internet.

This computer was purchased with the one purpose of music production, -I got a 1TB  X4 NVMe SSD upgrade when I first bought it for that end.

-So I need to ask, -do I need to bother with going to, < http://go.acer.com/?id=17883 > to the Acer Support web page -so as to scroll down to Drivers & Manuals to enter the S/N, product model, or SNID, and install the Acer identification utility etc. ?

-Is this the only way I can get the Acer Aspire, "Setup Guide (or Setup Poster)" ?  

I'm really new to setting up a new Desktop etc. -all I want is simple clear (step by step) startup instructions for my Acer Aspire TC-895-EB11 .

"To help you use your Acer desktop computer, we have designed a set of guides:
First off, the Setup Guide (or Setup Poster) helps you get started with setting up your computer.
For more on how your computer can help you to be more productive, please refer to the User’s Manual.
This guide contains detailed information on such subjects as system utilities, data recovery, expansion options and troubleshooting.
Once you have connected to the internet, you can download updates for your computer from: http://go.acer.com/?id=17883
1.The link will open the Acer Support webpage.
2.Scroll down to Drivers and Manuals and search for your model by pasting in or manually entering the serial number, SNID, or product model.
3.From this page you can also download and install the Acer identification utility that will automatically detect your computer’s serial number and SNID and allow you to copy it to the clipboard.
4.Once you have found your product model, any updates, or documents will be listed."

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    You can just go straight to the produt page, it doesnt have to be done from the desktop :)

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/8429?b=1

And i think all the getting started gumf is in the PDF user guide
    https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Document/User Manual/User Manual_Acer_1.0_A_A.pdf?acerid=637285788914794552&amp;Step1=DESKTOP&amp;Step2=ASPIRE&amp;Step3=ASPIRE TC-895&amp;OS=ALL&amp;LC=en&amp;BC=ACER&amp;SC=EMEA_27

If the pc isnt connected to a network then no need to bother with any of that i guess! If installed you dont need to install anything really, windows will just about work on anything, and you could offline install drivers just fine if there were any missing
  • Thrip
    Leostat said:
    You can just go straight to the produt page, it doesnt have to be done from the desktop :)

And i think all the getting started gumf is in the PDF user guide
    https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Document/User Manual/User Manual_Acer_1.0_A_A.pdf?acerid=637285788914794552&amp;Step1=DESKTOP&amp;Step2=ASPIRE&amp;Step3=ASPIRE TC-895&amp;OS=ALL&amp;LC=en&amp;BC=ACER&amp;SC=EMEA_27

If the pc isnt connected to a network then no need to bother with any of that i guess! If installed you dont need to install anything really, windows will just about work on anything, and you could offline install drivers just fine if there were any missing
    THANK YOU LEOSTAT FOR YOUR REPLY,

When you said, "You can just go straight to the product page, it doesn't have to be done from the desktop ", I'm not sure what you mean. -When I enter the URL you gave -
    -It gave me something from the UK Acer website (With the Union Jack symbol) -and wouldn't function for me in Canada.
    -The < http://go.acer.com/?id=17883 > URL that I mentioned from the PDF User's Guide, (-or "Acer Desktop Computer's Manual") -takes you right there, "Drivers and Manuals", "Identify your Acer Device", "Enter your device serial number, SNID or model number", and, "Download our serial detection utility, (Windows operating systems only)".

I appreciate that you say, "If the pc isn't connected to a network then no need to bother with any of that", originally I wasn't going to bother with installing this, "Acer identification utility", -but if I understand you correctly, when you also say that, "If installed you don't need to install anything really, windows will just about work on anything, and you could offline install drivers just fine if there were any missing", -I may consider installing this, "Acer identification utility" after all -If it doesn't lead me to connecting the PC to the Internet as it seems to be a compliment the Registering of the device -I'm assuming that the serial detection utility, (as in "Download our serial detection utility, (Windows operating systems only)") is the same thing as the, "Acer identification utility" that is mentioned in the, 
     "Acer Desktop Computer's Manual", or "PDF user guide".

Also re  the,  "Acer Desktop Computer's User's Manual", or "PDF user guide", re https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Document/User Manual/User Manual_Acer_1.0_A_A.pdf?acerid=637285788914794552&amp;Step1=DESKTOP&amp;Step2=ASPIRE&amp;Step3=ASPIRE TC-895&amp;OS=ALL&amp;LC=en&amp;BC=ACER&amp;SC=EMEA_27   -the "getting started gumf", "Setup Guide (or Setup Poster)" is not to be found in the "Acer Desktop Computer's User's Manual", or "PDF user guide", -although it is mentioned in the "User's Guide"  as I showed in my initial post. -There were no pamphlets or other instructions that came with the computer that had this, "Setup Guide (or Setup Poster)".  -I could use one now..... 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    If you are never going to connect the computer to the internet you likely don't need to pull down any updates to install. Just go ahead and enjoy the computer as it came from the factory.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Leostat
    As billsey says you can just enjoy it :D sorry about the region link I didn't know Acer region locks their UK site 

Your serial number will be on the desktop itself probably as a sticker? Or if you open the Acer care centre I think it has it in there so you don't need to install that program if the sn is all you want 

I think that's the only document that it comes with, but if you let us know what you need I'd be more than happy to help out. Is there a specific question you have?
  • Thrip
    Leostat said:
    As billsey says you can just enjoy it :D sorry about the region link I didn't know Acer region locks their UK site 

Your serial number will be on the desktop itself probably as a sticker? Or if you open the Acer care centre I think it has it in there so you don't need to install that program if the sn is all you want 

I think that's the only document that it comes with, but if you let us know what you need I'd be more than happy to help out. Is there a specific question you have?
    I do know my S/N number -but I don't understand what that has to do with a "sticker", the Acer Care Centre, or installing "that program", -are you referring to this, "serial detection utility" ?                                                                                                     -As well, I don't know what you refer to as, "the only document that comes it comes with", ( "Acer Desktop Computer's Manual", or "PDF user guide").                                                                                                                                                                         I find that the user's & owner's manuals are all lacking for all company's devices these days, (I think they should actually include technical manuals too!!)

However, what I'm looking for is simple step by step instructions, -for example, -from reading over my LG Monitor manual I gather that I should turn on my monitor first........(?)

I believe I had the startup instructions that I desired for a brief time when I Googled something to the effect of, "Setting up the Acer Aspire TC-895-EB11" , I should of copied & pasted this small list of instructions, but I didn't & since then I haven't been able to retrieve this info no-matter how I word or re-word the google question.  (This happens alot.......!)

I recall that it advised to simply turn on the PC and begin starting up the Windows 10 program..........

This is not so simple for me as I have absolutely no experience with Windows -or starting up new Desktops.

I recall there were about 7 or 8 directions re the starting up of Windows 10 in the Desktop and perhaps a few other directions.

Perhaps someone may have this startup info -especially re Windows 10 -as I do understand that this will be a big part of the setup/startup

• Leostat
    Thrip said:
    I do know my S/N number -but I don't understand what that has to do with a "sticker", the Acer Care Centre, or installing "that program", -are you referring to this, "serial detection utility" ?                                                                                                   

Yes, all the application does is give you the serial number and a quick link to the support site, I belive this is the CA link but appologies if its the wrong one, the site tries to rediect me to the UK site! So if you know the serial number, it doesnt really have a purpose :)
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/support-product/8429?b=1

-As well, I don't know what you refer to as, "the only document that comes it comes with", ( "Acer Desktop Computer's Manual", or "PDF user guide").I find that the user's & owner's manuals are all lacking for all company's devices these days, (I think they should actually include technical manuals too!!)

However, what I'm looking for is simple step by step instructions, -for example, -from reading over my LG Monitor manual I gather that I should turn on my monitor first........(?)
    There isnt really much to know for windows if you have used windows before. The start menu is a bit differnt, and the settings have moved around but for the most part its the same. The major change is the all encompasing search, so if you need something, you can just press the windows buttom and start typing, your computer will try and figure out what you need and give it to you, and windows now has an app store like your phone does.

Everything else is the same really.

I believe I had the startup instructions that I desired for a brief time when I Googled something to the effect of, "Setting up the Acer Aspire TC-895-EB11" , I should of copied & pasted this small list of instructions, but I didn't & since then I haven't been able to retrieve this info no-matter how I word or re-word the google question.  (This happens alot.......!)

I recall that it advised to simply turn on the PC and begin starting up the Windows 10 program..........
    Ive had a look around but i can only find the user guide as i linked above 🤔, i found a referance to a poster from a feaw years ago but the acer team member suggests that they are not online : https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/108869/setup-poster-aspire-v5-531p-571p     so it could be default wording which is in all the manuals but doesnt actually exist anymore. It would need a acer person to clear that one up!

This is not so simple for me as I have absolutely no experience with Windows -or starting up new Desktops.

I recall there were about 7 or 8 directions re the starting up of Windows 10 in the Desktop and perhaps a few other directions.

Perhaps someone may have this startup info -especially re Windows 10 -as I do understand that this will be a big part of the setup/startup

Windows 10 has a few things to help you get oriented, if you press start and type "tips" you should get to the microsoft tips app which will walk you though how to use some parts of the system, it looks like this:

You also have the "get help" app which is a (frustrating) chat bot which tries to help you like Clippy used to where you an just type in a question and it will try to figure out what you want, for example:

If it cant figure out what you mean it eventually puts you in contact with a human support agent :) .  Also if you ever have any questions People here are always more than happy to help out with anything really
  • Thrip

Thank you very much for your reply Leostat,

I checked your reference url re the "setup guide - setup-poster", -and found that indeed these Acer setup posters are not available online. 

In his July 2013 post, Acer Tommy says, 

"The "Setup Poster" is a large(ish) document that is generally included in the box with most systems. It details how to set up the system initially.  It is not available online."

So I agree that, "It would need a Acer person to clear that one up!". -The next thing I would like to do is email Acer.

This is definitely an email question, (I've gone through enough Chat-lines to know). The trouble is, I cannot find an Acer email address to send such an inquiry to ......

Can anyone provide an Acer email address so that I can pursue this missing, "setup guide-setup-poster" default wording manual matter further.

• Thrip
    If  there is not a Setup Guide or Setup Poster for the Acer Aspire TC-895-EB11 -surely there would be such a Setup Guide or Setup Poster for another Acer Aspire model that is so similar that it would do.........

After all the "Acer Desktop Computer User's Manual" (that directs you to said, "Setup Guide or Setup Poster"), isn't just for the Acer Aspire TC-895-EB11 -but for many of the Acer Desktop Computers.

I need an Acer email address or live chat-line to investigate further. -Can anyone help?
  • Leostat
    I think this link should direct you to the live chat for your region: 
    https://service.acer.com/chat/support/en/US/

It's the us link which redirects you to your local :) 

Generally ally he poster would have in it though is ports, and a few screenshots of the welcome page and not much more. What is it you are looking for in it?we may be able to just provide something for you
  • Flezil
    Flezil Member Posts: 3 New User

I have the same issue. Going to product support, identify my serial number and all I get is the user guide which says first of all to refer to the set up manual. There doesn't seem to be one on the Acer site

• Flezil
    Flezil Member Posts: 3 New User

I've just taken mine out of the box and I have a few parts that I don't know how/where to put them. One looks like a metal bracket that probably belongs to the optical drive but not sure. This is why I require a set of set up instructions

• billsey

That bracket, and it's associated screws, is for an optical drive. It's included just in case you decide to add an ODD at some time in the future.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,432 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon

This Youtube has always helped me on my TC-895-UA92 with tear down and installation.

Long but informative.

I didn't get any set up with mine, I got brackets but my DVD unit was factory installed ???

• billsey

Most of the SKUs don't have the ODD installed since those are used so seldom anymore, and the price can be lower without it.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,432 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon

But this video should have enogh information to install the bracket that they sent. I think ??

They also sent me a Sata data cable that I used recently for an add on SSD.