[email protected] 2021: Predator Helios 500 - Lighting the Way

Acer-JoseAcer-Jose Administrator Posts: 1,332 Community Administrator
edited May 27 in Predator Laptops

The Helios 500, an all-new beast with a buffet of new colors and a brazen bounty of powers for domination:

✅ Overclockable 11th Gen Intel Core™ i9
✅ NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3080
✅ 4K Mini LED 120 Hz
✅ 5th Gen AeroBlade™ 3D Fan

LEARN MORE >>

Find out more about the new products we announced here.

1 - Specifications may vary depending on the model and/or region. All models subject to availability.
2 - Includes the effect of Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost (Intel® TVB). The frequency gain and duration is dependent on the workload, capabilities of the processor and the processor cooling solution.

Comments

• RAID3RRAID3R Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Looks like the new fans will be awesome. Finally, they solved the balancing problem, due to which the previous versions of the fans rattled and quickly broken. Was like a bicycle wheel with spokes without a rim
    Waiting for the price... want to believe it will not be deep space
  • Acer-JoseAcer-Jose Administrator Posts: 1,332 Community Administrator
    Hi @RAID3R !  Thank you for your feedback.

Regarding the price, this is the information that I have right now:
    The Predator Triton 500 SE (PT516-51s) will be available in North America in June starting at USD 1,749.99; in EMEA in July starting at EUR 1,999; and in China in June, starting at RMB 14,999.
  • LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 1,579 Community Aficionado
    edited May 27
    Oooh mini led screens, Can't wait to have a nosey at one when I can ! The recent Linus video blew me away at how close they were to the OLED screens  and without the burn in issues as well.

Will be interesting to compare the new pred to the new Helios, and I can't wait to see how the 500se plays. I've been having a read of some of the pre release reviews and ooft it looks to be a powehouse👌 (as someone who runs vm's much appreciated the ram boost!), two thunderbolts with laptop charging , a mini led screen and upto 64 GB of ram is insanely good!
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 

I'm a UK based techi, so apologies if my help links are for the UK region site! 
  • PredatorHelios500PredatorHelios500 Member Posts: 73 Devotee
    edited June 14
    Owner of the previous Helios 500. Here's my feelings about this... This will likely be a great machine. Acer's hardware engineers are awesome. But Acer's customer support is lackluster. You'll get a few BIOS and pre-installed software updates over the next year... and then Acer will just completely forget you and your product exists. At least give BIOS updates a little longer and also make sure obvious BIOS bugs are fixed. OR, if they are going to leave us out in the cold, at least have the last BIOS update unlock the BIOS so that we can handle some things ourselves. This minimal support is really a bad business decision. It seems like a no-brainer: don't alienate customers who buy a hefty-priced machines. Letting an Acer software tester spend a day here and there for testing new BIOS is worthy keeping all the people who bought the machine happy. I don't know if I'd rebuy from Acer simply over their bare-bones support and that they treat the power users buying these machines with kid's gloves (ie locking the BIOS not publishing the repair manual).