Predator PH317-51 Dolby Audio stopped working (again)

Options
chupo_cro
chupo_cro Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited May 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi,

I have Acer Predator PH317-51 connected to 1440p monitor via HDMI, the sound is going through HDMI to the monitor ann from the monitor via 3.5 mm jack to Logitech Z625 2.1 speakers. Until recently Dolby Audio was working well and I could use Dynamic/Movie/Music/Game/Voice presets and I could turn on Surround Virtualizer, Dialogue Enhancer and Volume Leveler options under Personalize tab.

Recently Dolby Audio stopped working when using monitor as a Playback Device (NVIDIA High Definition Audio). The Dynamic/Movie/Music/Game/Voice/Personalize tabs are now dimmed and there is a message "Plug headphones or speakers into the system audio jack to enable Dolby Audio" and volume is now quite lower than before. When everything worked well I was using volume level of 24% and now I have to move the slider up to 60% for the same level.

Dolby Audio still works well when Playback Device is set to Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio (SST)) but then, of course, I can use only laptop's built-in speakers.

I've seen this problem already happened a few years ago:

I tried right clicking on NVIDIA High Definition Audio and on Realtek High Definition Audio (SST) in Device Manager and selecting Update driver but the message is "The best drivers for your device are already installed".

I tried restarting Dolby DAX2 API Service as suggested in the above link but that didn't slove the problem.

I've seen there are similar problems with some other Predator laptops using other audio drivers too:

I don't see any Realtek audio driver updates in the Windows update history.

Is there something else I could try to solve the problem?

Acer Predator PH317-51
Windows 2004
OS build: 19041.985
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    Options

have you tried the factory reset with ALT+F10 steps chupo_cro?

this happened to me but with a TV once before.

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★