predator Helios 300 G3-572., Black screen because of new RAMs

Options
He_Ng
He_Ng Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited May 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello,

I have recently just bought 2 new sticks of the team group elite 16gb 3200mhz CL22 ram, and my previous ram was 8gb 2666MHz CL 18 curial ram.

When installed these two new rams, the screen initially blue screen. After restart, the screen just stayed black, backlit was on, but nothing happen. I have left it on for 30m, but nothing ever happen. I tried updating my BIOS, tried removing the battery and draining the battery, still black screen. But when I put my previous ram back on, it just started working again, and stop working again when I put my new ram in.

So, I decided to try and put one of my old stick in and one of my new stick in. Miraculously, it started working again. I don't know why this is. So, I tried changing my ram when my comp was on. This worked when it was the new ram that I was changing out, but when I tried to change my old ram out, my comp screen just disappear, didn't shut down, just disappear. So when I put my old memory stick back, the screen came back again...

If anyone could help me figure out why this is, it would be greatly appreciated, and also if there is a way which I could use both of my new ram.

Thank you.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers