How can I turn my Acer Spin 11 chromebook back on?

Options
fatraccoon
fatraccoon Member Posts: 7 New User
Hey! I'm having the same problem, one day I was in class and everything worked just fine, I close the laptop and go to my next class, then when I open it, it doesn't turn on, I sat there and tried all class period to turn it on and nothing happened, I tried charging it but it only flashes a blue light for a second. Then I tried doing the same thing later that day but still, nothing. I ended up leaving the laptop sit in my room for a few weeks, I realized that I'm going to be needing it soon so I tried giving it a shot to start working again. I tried the hard reset with the power and refresh button but no success, my actual charger cord has a spot where usually an orange light would appear after I plug it in, but now the orange light isn't showing up and pretty much the only thing that has happened is a quick blue flash after I plugged it in, I'm not tech savvy at all haha, does anyone know what's wrong and how I can fix this? I have an Acer Spin 11 chromebook model N17Q8. I have tried the hard reset, I've tired holding the power button for 30+ seconds, I've tried letting it charge all night, but still nothing.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi @fatraccoon

I understand that Chromebook does not turn on. To isolate the issue & drive in correct path of resolution, I need few information. 

1. Do you see any light indication in the laptop, before & after connecting charger? If so please share the color of the light and its status [flashing or solid].
    2. After connecting charger and when you press power button, do you see any light indication? 

I also request you to try restoring the Chromebook. To get instructions on doing it, please click here

Regards, 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• fatraccoon
    Options
    Yes, when i plug in the charger it flashes a blue light just once, that's pretty much the only thing I've gotten out of it
  • fatraccoon
    Options
    And no, when I press the power button after connecting my charger there is no light
  • fatraccoon
    Options
    I also tried the link you sent, it didnt work because my screen is just black
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi fatraccoon,

Try to do Hard reset your Chromebook
    1. Turn off your Chromebook.
    2. Press and hold Refresh + tap Power . 
    3. When your Chromebook starts up, release Refresh .
  • fatraccoon
    Options
    Hey Easwar, I tried that also but i cant tell if its on or off, its just a black screen and no response from anything i do to it, but I can try again
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    I believe the model number for yours is going to be CP311-xxx-xxxx. Since the charger used to have a status light that showed when it was plugged in and that light isn't lighting now, I'd lean toward the issue being in the charger. Do you have another charger you can try? Is yours one of the new models that use the USB-C charger or one of the older ones that had the small barrel power connector?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • fatraccoon
    Options
    Unfortunately billsey, I don't have another charger but it is the USB-C kind, and yeah that would make sense, but I remember that my laptop stopped working before it died, I was in class and closed it, went to my next class and opened it and it hasn't turned on since, it's been a few weeks now so I was confused because maybe it died quicker or something but who knows lol, thanks for your help I really appreciate it!! :)
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi fatraccoon,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    That symptom sounds like it got stuck in a sleep mode. A long press of the power button to force a shut off usually fixes those types of issues. When it starts happening too often then it's time to diagnose which app is causing it. It sounds like you may have two things going on at once though...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.