How do I perform a Powerwash to restore my Chromebook to factory defaults?
Use the following steps to restore the Chrome OS:
- Turn off your Chromebook.
- Press and hold the Esc key and refresh (F3) key and then press the power button to turn on the Chromebook.
- The Chromebook will boot to Developer Mode. Press Ctrl + D to turn off OS verification.
- When prompted to turn OS verification off, press Enter and the Chromebook will restart.
- At the OS verification is OFF screen, do not press the spacebar. The recovery process will start automatically after approximately 15 seconds.
- The restore process takes about 5 minutes. A progress bar appears at the top of the screen.
- The Chromebook restarts and prompts to re-enable verification. Press the spacebar.
- Press Enter to confirm that you wish to turn OS verification on.
- OS verification is back on and Chromebook reboots automatically.
- The "Welcome!" screen will be displayed and you can complete the on screen instructions.
Your Chromebook is now set to factory default settings.