Ultra keyboard how to DEFAULT to Function keys

Xavier70Xavier70 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 3 in Legacy Desktops
I don't know who the "genius" was who thought putting the "Zz" (SLEEP) key on the F2 key on the "Acer Elite USB keyboard" and at this point I don't care. What I am trying to find is how to DEFAULT the keyboard so that the FUNCTION KEYS are the default press, and you use the Fn key to use the other options. I like the keyboard itself, its size, and ALL of the other keys, except that silly F2 key! Is there a driver I can download that will flip those options?

There is nothing in my BIOS setup that allows me to override the functionality, so I'm hoping a new driver file will be the answer.

Thanks!

FAQ & Answers

• EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 1,349
    Hi Xavier70,

​ May I know the model name of your unit.
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 17,427 Trailblazer
    If the BIOS doesn't have a swap option (double check by using the Ctrl-S key to toggle advanced mode on if the BIOS supports it) then the only fix is a different keyboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Xavier70Xavier70 Member Posts: 3 New User
    billsey said:
    If the BIOS doesn't have a swap option (double check by using the Ctrl-S key to toggle advanced mode on if the BIOS supports it) then the only fix is a different keyboard.
    well...dang...I use the F2 too much throughout the day to keep putting my PC to sleep. 
  • Xavier70Xavier70 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Easwar said:
    Hi Xavier70,

​ May I know the model name of your unit.
    it says on the bottom of the keyboard "DKUSB1P0HP"...clear as mud...I think the key is hardwired, and that's not what I would've done...