Ultra keyboard how to DEFAULT to Function keys

Xavier70
Xavier70 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 2021 in Legacy Desktops
I don't know who the "genius" was who thought putting the "Zz" (SLEEP) key on the F2 key on the "Acer Elite USB keyboard" and at this point I don't care. What I am trying to find is how to DEFAULT the keyboard so that the FUNCTION KEYS are the default press, and you use the Fn key to use the other options. I like the keyboard itself, its size, and ALL of the other keys, except that silly F2 key! Is there a driver I can download that will flip those options?

There is nothing in my BIOS setup that allows me to override the functionality, so I'm hoping a new driver file will be the answer.

Thanks!

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Xavier70,

​ May I know the model name of your unit.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    If the BIOS doesn't have a swap option (double check by using the Ctrl-S key to toggle advanced mode on if the BIOS supports it) then the only fix is a different keyboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Xavier70
    billsey said:
    If the BIOS doesn't have a swap option (double check by using the Ctrl-S key to toggle advanced mode on if the BIOS supports it) then the only fix is a different keyboard.
    well...dang...I use the F2 too much throughout the day to keep putting my PC to sleep. 
  • Xavier70
    Easwar said:
    Hi Xavier70,

​ May I know the model name of your unit.
    it says on the bottom of the keyboard "DKUSB1P0HP"...clear as mud...I think the key is hardwired, and that's not what I would've done...
  • DaleWriter65
    DaleWriter65 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2022
    I hate, hate, hate this keyboard. I agree with Xavier about the "genius". I have another word for them, who came up with the moronic idea to make the F keys teeny tiny and dual purpose. I keep hitting them unintentionally because the keyboard is also so darn small. I have accidentally turned the computer off 3 times in a row one night. I shall be replacing this keyboard with a bigger traditional one. HATE HATE HATE IT!
  • Trelaine
    Trelaine Member Posts: 1 New User

My issue is the kb is a little too small for my preference but is okay. I often hit the Z/F2 key when I want to hit the "!" key. I'm in the middle of typing something and it all goes dark! I loe the OP who said "genius" — I do concur. So, what is the solution?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

So put a different keyboard in… Simple and cheap unless you need a high end gaming keyboard.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gorki
    Gorki Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi all. Use "Fn" and "Echap" to enable or disable Fn keys. 😉