Acer helios 300 ph315-53 Audio Issue

Options
splilac8
splilac8 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited July 2021 in Predator Laptops
I own a acer Helios 300 2020. And I notice that Acer Predator 2020 PH315-53 have constant static noise/ continuous beep sound even just unbox it. And I have tried to reset the laptop and the problem still exist .Something strange is the noise disappear immediately when you running any game or geforce experience. So, that noise totally disappear when the dedicated gpu is running and start to make noise immediately after discrete gpu is idle. 

Answers

• splilac8
    Options
    Hi, can someone help me with the issue ?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi splilac8,

When you getting the noise please restart the unit and check. 
  • splilac8
    Options
    @Easwar I have found another thread which have the exact same audio issue (Ph315-53 audio issue). **The audio is totally fine when nvidia GPU is running**. The noise only happen when the nvidia gpu is idle. From that existing thread, there is no any solutions yet other than keeping nvidia gpu active.
  • splilac8
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi, can anyone help me ? I have contact the local service center and they say every 2020 helios 300 will have the same issue even after replacement. So, currently I must buy a new Bluetooth headset. What happen to the 3.5mm port of helios 300 2020 model ??? @egydiocoelho @brummyfan2 @MaClane @xapim @JackE
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Do you record a video of the problem and post on youtube? Does this problem occur, only when you connect the power adapter?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • splilac8
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @egydiocoelho Here is another post that show exactly same issue as me : https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/917460/#Comment_917460  
    and  https://www.reddit.com/r/AcerNitro/comments/kkq1oh/high_pitched_noise_when_using_earphones/ and https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/623835/acer-nitro-5-high-pitch-sound-high-frequency-when-earphones-plugged

The high pitch noise happen every time I plug in my earphone via 3.5mm jack. It happen regardless plugged in or unplugged in. However, the noise completely gone whenever the NVIDIA GPU is running. The problem is happen with helios 300 (2020) or nitro 5 (2020).
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Some users have reported that the problem is resolved by disabling this driver:

However, the same problem occurs when updating the video card driver, checking the option CLEAN INSTALLATION?
    Fazendo uma instalao limpa do driver de vdeo WindowsNVIDIA   Raccoon Ninja
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • splilac8
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @egydiocoelho By disabling the nvidia driver or perform clean install, the temperature will increase by 10 degree and the battery lasts less than 2 hours on idle. My laptop only last for 1.30 hours on "IDLE" after disable that specific driver.  Other users also have the same battery + heat issue after disable that nvidia audio driver. The comments can be found on third page.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/612326/2020-acer-predator-helios-300-audio-issues-ph315-53/p3
  • splilac8
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Any possible solution for that ? I have searched throughout reddit and predator + nitro forum. The problem is exactly the same but currently no any good solution @egydiocoelho @StevenGen
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    Options
    splilac8 said:
    Any possible solution for that ? I have searched throughout reddit and predator + nitro forum. The problem is exactly the same but currently no any good solution @egydiocoelho @StevenGen
    With the static noise, you could have an external source close to your laptop that causes this distorting noise and/or your laptop could be picking up distortion or something is wrong internally with the hardware isolation that it picks up a power supply distorting noise etc, check that and isolate your laptop from this noise and/or systematically check the exact source of this. With the continuous beeping sound, that could be faulty internal hardware components that triggers the beeping sound or speakers, if your laptop is still under warranty send it back to Acer and don't touch it and get them to rectify these problems. 
  • splilac8
    Options
    I have went to service center and they just advise opt for wireless headphone. This is the  common issue for the 2020 helios 300 or nitro 5 model. That noise is exist in the NEW set too. @StevenGen @egydiocoelho
  • StevenGen
    Options
    splilac8 said:
    I have went to service center and they just advise opt for wireless headphone. This is the  common issue for the 2020 helios 300 or nitro 5 model. That noise is exist in the NEW set too. @StevenGen @egydiocoelho

splilac8, well that is not good and its a design fault that Acer should have the appropriate solutions to fix. If this is true, these laptops should not be making or picking up any distortion noises and its speakers should work perfectly with good sound. Surely there must be something that Acer can do to suppress this noise with additional filter circuitry which Acer should know about and fix. It doesn't take a genius technician to work that out i can do that myself and I'm only a hobby technician.    
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The same problem occurs, when reinstalling windows, pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• splilac8
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @egydiocoelho @StevenGen I have factory reset my laptop and the noise still present. I have a friend who is using 2020 helios 300 also have exactly same problem. After replacement of new laptop the noise is still there. The noise just completely went off when the nvidia gpu is active. :'(
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the same problem occur when updating the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• splilac8
    Options
    The problem is already there since the default bios/new unit. Currently I have updated to bios 1.06 but the noise issue totally no fix. @egydiocoelho @StevenGen
  • StevenGen
    Options
    splilac8 said:
    The problem is already there since the default bios/new unit. Currently I have updated to bios 1.06 but the noise issue totally no fix. @egydiocoelho @StevenGen

Yes this is a sound circuitry design fault and Acer should rectify it either by a software update or a hardware tweak. There are allot of audio buffs that do this all the time to audio components, I'm not a circuitry technician and/or an expert but I've got some experience as a hobbyist to a certain extent.  
  • splilac8
    Options
    HELLO,  anyone have the solution for this issue ? The problem is still exist even I have sent for repair for 2 times.
  • Smegma11
    Smegma11 Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    I had numerous issues with audio, the annoying Xbox game screen displaying every time it booted, OneDrive slowly took over my device and was impossible to remove. I restarted and reset windows and caught all the Bloatware before it was allowed to infest my Predator Helios 300 and it runs much better, including the audio. The Bluetooth is the best now connecting to devices. I removed Nortons and installed my own program, I found the Xbox program and Un-installed it first thing, If you let Windows 10 install itself, it will run much better. 
  • splilac8
    Options
    hello, any fix for the sound issue of this laptop ?