Aspire E15 start es1-512 Black lcd screen

2»

Answers

• BentM
    BentM Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I have just tested my laptop with HDMI connection and there is no signal.Looks like i have to invest in a new mainboard
  • BentM

Tinkerer

Now i have tested my laptop with a HDMI connection and there is no signal to my tv set.Looks like i have to invest in a mainboard.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,832 Trailblazer
    If the BIOS CMOS Lithium coin cell is at least 3.1vdc open circuit, it's probably OK. If the coin cell is bad, the usual symptoms are an ACER logo screen only or a black screen but with at least a small blinking cursor. If you're willing to wait a few weeks, aliexpress usually has better deals on new replacement boards and free shipping to most locations worldwide.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BentM

Tinkerer

Yes JackE i'm in Norway and am in no rush and willing to wait a few weeks.I just checked aliexpress for available mainboards.
  • JackE
    OK. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BentM

Tinkerer

I think i will buy a replacement mainboard.Approxamently when do you think i can search aliexpress for a good value mainboard?
  • JackE
    Simply google the keywords 'es1-512' 'motherboard' 'aliexpress' from your country's local web system. And then shop from the aliexpress links that appear. This is how I do it from the US. I just got a brand new AspireOne mainboard for $25USD from Aliexpress. Took about two weeks to arrive. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• BentM

Tinkerer

I have done what you advised me to but the price motherboards on aliexpress is from 75$ including norwegian vat and upwards
  • JackE
    >>>the price motherboards on aliexpress is from 75$ including norwegian vat and upwards>>>
    >>>I have already found ,but not ordered a replacement mainboard on Ebay>>>

Add 'nokotion' as a keyword to your local aliexpress google search. Buy it from Ebay if its price is better..

Jack E/NJ