Aspire E15 start es1-512 Black lcd screen

BentM
BentM Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

My laptop screen have gone black.It seems to swich on and off like it should do.Based on a tip i have replaced the ram card but the screen is still black.
Does anyone have a solution?
Thanks from Bent M

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,832 Trailblazer
    Try pressing FN+F6 or FN+F5 to turn the screen on. If still no screen, try connecting to a TV screen with HDMI. Press FN+F5 to turn TV screen on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi BentM,

Is there any light indication when you press the power button. 
  • BentM

Tinkerer

Yes Easwar there is a blue light indication but its only about half the strength than what i belive is the charging indicator light. 
  • Have you tried to reset the battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BentM

Tinkerer

Hi egydiocoelho.No i have not.Is there any way special to do it?
  • Easwar
    Hi BentM,

Then it looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

Or

Book the unit for repair service,

• JackE
    Try pressing FN+F6 or FN+F5 to turn the screen on. If still no screen, try connecting to a TV screen with HDMI. Press FN+F5 to turn TV screen on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BentM

Tinkerer

Hi JackE.I have tried that and it didnt work but now im suspecting its the battery which couses the problem.I changed the battery not very long time ago and now it seems like this "new"one is dead
  • JackE
    Remove the charger. Disconnect the battery. The press and hold the power button for about 60 seconds. Then reconnect the battery. All the covers must be secured. Then plug the charger back in. But don't try to turn it on. Wait for the battery charge LED to turn from solid orange to solid blue. Then try to turn it on again.

Jack E/NJ

• BentM

Tinkerer

Ok JackE i will try that but it takes some work because i need to dismantle the laptop to do that because the battery is inside.
  • JackE
    edited April 2021
    Yep, you seem to have an older laptop without the reset pinhole. You don't have to remove the battery, just unplug it from the mainboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BentM

Tinkerer

My laptop is older but it have the reset pinhole.Still i have to dismantle the laptop to disconnet the battery from the mainboard
  • JackE
    edited April 2021
    Then no need to take it apart. Just remove the charger.Then all you have to do is press and hold the pinhole paperclip and power button for 60 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. But don't try to turn it on. Wait for the battery charge LED to turn from solid orange to solid blue. Then try to turn it on again.

Jack E/NJ

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BentM

Tinkerer

I have tried this advice but it isnt working.I suspect the battery need to be replaced again.
  • Easwar
  • JackE
    Did you wait for the battery charge LED to turn to steady blue before you turned it on? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BentM

Tinkerer

The battery charge led was blue straight away when i turned it on.
  • JackE
    If no HDMI TV screen then it's a likely mainboard failure than a battery issue. Since your machine is out of warranty, I suggest that you take it to a local shop for an evaluation and estimate to confirm this. New mainboards for this model are about $50USD from a number of different vendors who ship worldwide if you decided to replace it yourself. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• BentM

Tinkerer

I still have'nt tested this laptop with a HDMI connection but i understand now that i have to do that.I have already found ,but not ordered a replacement mainboard on Ebay.How will the laptop act if the memory battery needs replacement?