Sudden buzz sound on only one fan - HELIOS 300 | 2020 | PH315-52-748U

nocturnalstate
nocturnalstate Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2021 in Predator Laptops
HI everyone,

Before proceeding, I have checked both this and this post, unfortunately they were not of great help. 

I've been using this laptop for exactly for 11 months and 10 days now, the buzz sound started today.

I have recorded a video of the issue, it only happens to one of the fans. The first one sounds ok, the second is buzzing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIkcbnmiDGo

Does anyone know a potential solution? I don't know anything about hardwares (I'm a software engineer), all technical assistance shops are closed due to the pandemic and I use this laptop for my remote job, so I'm concerned it could be more serious.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you very much in advance! 

Answers

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    HI everyone,

Before proceeding, I have checked both this and this post, unfortunately they were not of great help. 

I've been using this laptop for exactly for 11 months and 10 days now, the buzz sound started today.

I have recorded a video of the issue, it only happens to one of the fans. The first one sounds ok, the second is buzzing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIkcbnmiDGo

Does anyone know a potential solution? I don't know anything about hardwares (I'm a software engineer), all technical assistance shops are closed due to the pandemic and I use this laptop for my remote job, so I'm concerned it could be more serious.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
    Thank you very much in advance! 
    If i was you nocturnalstate, i will be contacting Acer support right now and having them repaired this lap, because the noise its loud and clear to me.good luck

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi nocturnalstate,

Try to adjust the fan speed in predator sense app and test the unit.