Helios 300 fan making motorized buzzing sound - battery lasting 1 hour, high temp for idle HELP!!

Options
HongLi1218
HongLi1218 Member Posts: 10 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,

i got this helios 300 as a replacement on Jan 2020 it was working all well but i started to notice alot of issues and im trying to see if it can be fixed at home or i really need to send it off(last choice as i have online courses). for the past few month i notice my laptop gpu never went on idle and always have something running on it even after i fully reset the laptop to factory reset. another problem arised which was the gpu side fan or idk what start to have a buzzing sound( not the normal fan noise) whether its on low fan or max out i keep getting the sound. this keep having my pc starting temp from 57-67 temp both on gpu and cpu on idle and some times the temp with nothing running and with the motorized buzzing on the right side. the last issue im having is the battery even on lowest deem and with 1 internet explorer open not charging i only get 1 hour of use. i really dont know what to do i was instructed to dust the fans which i did its clean now but the motor sound still presist and the temp is still on those range on idle no games running when i first got the pc it was only in the 20-30 C. as for the battery idk what to do as this is my only source to connect to my univeristy online courses. 

IF anyone have any suggestions or anything i would be greatly appreicated.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model of the notebook? Example AN515-51-75KZ. Have you checked if the nvidia dedicated graphics card is running in the background? Can you record a video of the noise and post it on youtube?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • HongLi1218
    Options
    the model is Predator Helios 300 PH317-53-79KB and gpu is always running i turned off the whole background apps off and it still runs the GPU, i factory reset and cleaned it to many times to count to hopefully fix it but it didnt. the video is on low fan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43hO-KD-ofA
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you still trade with the seller? I think there is something touching the fan! You can also check:
    Follow the video only to check the fans and if your notebook is not under warranty.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • HongLi1218
    Options
    I am still in warrenty i can send it in as for the video u have sent i already looked at it i did a repaste but temp still high on idle as for the fan its still having the sound on low and mid rpm. I just dont know how long it will take for acer to repair or replace as this is a replacment for another helios i owned and that one took about a month to come back with nothing fixed and i had to escalated to level to support to have it replaced. I kind of stuck as i on personally only have this laptop for school i dont even own a desktop hahah... i may have to cancel my online course till sept if i cant fiz it on my own or it takes to long for the repair center a nearly again.
  • HongLi1218
    Options
    forgot to add i have a cooling pad for the predator and its still running those temp on idle :/
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked here, if there are any programs using the nvidia video card in the background?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• HongLi1218
    Options
    currently i was able to turn off all gpu i was able to take this screen shot nothing ran i was able to hit 0% for a sec i took  the pic but after u can see gpu still running even when evrything is not running gpu cuyrrently temp is with full cooling pad on max and predator fan on custom 3700 rpm on cpu and gpu. even the most common internet explorer is running on gpu now 

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked the task manager for services and programs that are using the nvidia gpu 1 video card?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• HongLi1218
    edited June 2020
    Options
    also heres my boot temp for 10 min nothing running no games no nothing just explorer running
  • HongLi1218
    Options
    Yes i have checked gpu has nothing running when i took the photo but after i opened internet explorer or any type of app it goes to gpu onstead of the intergrated intel graphic the temp above i was showing afterwards are temp after i haf to restart the pc 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    WHAT happens when you enable automatic selection here?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• HongLi1218
    Options
    was already on intergreated graphic but everything is running on GPU still :/

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Not! Enable "auto-select" and restart windows.
    Solucionado Nvidia - Painel de controla no mostra opes Video

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• HongLi1218
    Options
    sorry heres the rebooted auto select temp got worse cause of it idk how but its in 80s once rebooted on auto select
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Now, you should also put these programs on automatic here:

Now, about the noise in the fans, is your notebook still under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• HongLi1218
    edited June 2020
    Options
    yes its under warranty and i set it to auto for all the progarms that i can yet still gpu is first to run. if i did send it to acer to repair again how long do i need to wait again cause i serisopusly need to know wehther i cancel my university summer term and restart on sept fall. last time the wait was nearly a month with no fixes if i send it in this time will they really fix this helios or will i get it back and nothing repaired again and make me call and wait another few weeks for a replacement of the same type.

i really feel cursed with the helios 300 i cant return it i cant get another type im just stuck 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You can contact acer technical support and ask if the cleaning of the fans violates the hardware warranty or not.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer