Suddenly shuts down for no apparent reason - Acer Aspire A315-51-506Z

Options
2»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Blackicon
    Blackicon Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello everyone, thanks for keeping this thread alive.
    I brought the PC to that repairing center and we finally have an answer. It was the BIOS all along!
    I don't know how I didn't thought about it, but probably a Windows' update (or a Linux one, who knows) messed up the whole thing and it started shutting down in that strange way.

I want to thank you for all the support and help you gave me. I hope this thread will help someone else in the future!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options
    Thanks for reporting back on the cause. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Blackicon

Hum..., a bad BIOS for a four year old laptop, not so durable. It may not be software update causing it. I believe my 12 year old desktop is having the same BIOS  problem, and now it is getting worse and does self reboot/shutdown on average once every five hours. This is bad enough that I am ordering parts for the 11th generation CPU PC build. The newly released  i5-11500 CPU is here. Just waiting for the motherboard. 

Maybe time to start looking for a new laptop @Blackicon. Thanks for letting us know the verdict of the problem. Some people just disappear from this forum.
  • Blackicon

Tinkerer

Options
    I thought about a OS update because the problem showed up all of a sudden.
    At the moment I achieved 24 hours of uptime and 7 of them were under a simple working load. I can definitely tell the problem is gone (I hope forever ahah).

• Blackicon

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello everybody, I'm sorry for the late answer but I was away from home and from the damaged Acer laptop.
    ttttt said:
    @Blackicon
    Somehow I have the impression if you send your PC for repair, it may come back as "Nothing Wrong". Just my guess!
    Yeah, I have the same impression ahahah

Easwar said:
    Hi Blackicon,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

Or

Book the unit for repair service,

Thank you for the links! I just bought a new laptop because I really need a portable computer to work when I'm not home, but I will probably keep trying to solve this one's problem.

Does your model have these two buttons?

Place a few layers of electrical tape over the two buttons:
    Notebook em boot loop aps update do Windows como resolver - Pgina 2   Acer Community
    I tried the electrical tape trick but nothing changed...
    I don't think this is the problem, unfortunately.

JackE said:
    >>>Since it works perfectly without its battery>>>

Is this still true? Jack E/NJ
    At the end I confirmed that, with a longer uptime (about 2 hours), it powered off again even without its battery.

I will bring it to a PC repair center here in my city when I have time. They told me the diagnosis is free, so why not?
    I think that what they will tell me could be useful for future people, but feel free to close this thread if you think it isn't useful anymore!