changed my screen of my aspire a515-51 to a 1920x1080 120hz and i cant change the brightness

2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    What is your installed CPU number? i3-xxxx? i5-xxxx? i7-xxxx?

Jack E/NJ

• daniels1
    daniels1 Member Posts: 16

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    What is your installed CPU number? i3-xxxx? i5-xxxx? i7-xxxx?
    i5-8250U.
  • JackE
    While I have doubts, I think this might be worth a try. Go to this link to download, install and run the Intel hardware detection tool to see if it will pick up any new drivers that may resolve this issue.

Jack E/NJ

• daniels1

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    While I have doubts, I think this might be worth a try. Go to this link to download, install and run the Intel hardware detection tool to see if it will pick up any new drivers that may resolve this issue.

thanks for the advise, but no, i had the lattest drivers
  • JackE
    >>>but no, i had the lattest drivers >>>

Does this mean you didn't try to run the tool? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• daniels1

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>but no, i had the lattest drivers >>>

Does this mean you didn't try to run the tool? Jack E/NJ

i did tried, and it was up to date.
  • JackE
    edited May 2021
    >>>I have a person that its going to change my screen to an older one, nonetheless i would like to try anything to try to make it work before rolling back to a previous resolution.>>>

If it was mine, I would tolerate the brightness with the FHD screen and not try to replace it with an older HD screen.  Because of the history you described plus the major disassembly you had to do to replace the screen, I think it's possible that the mainboard also suffered some collateral damage that finally resulted in loss of brightness control whether FHD or an older HD screen.

However, arguably the best  to rule in or rule out a hardware issue like this is an erase everything ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset. I might try that but only after backing up my HDD.

Jack E/NJ

PS: Some laptops will change the brightness of an HDMI out to a TV screen. You could try to see if a TV screen will dim with FN+left arrow

Jack E/NJ

• daniels1

Tinkerer

thanks for all the help, i think that after all this trouble im just gonna go back to buying the old screen. its easier for me.
  • JackE
    If it was mine, I'd  be worried if it's a mainboard issue at this point before pulling things apart again. I'd at least try to see if an external HDMI TV screen would dim or not since it's easy enough to do?

Jack E/NJ