ACER PREDATOR HELIOS 300

Options
System
System Member Posts: 4,521 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: Does the 1.08 BIOS run cooler than 1.07 BIOS? PH315-53.

Comments

• xplanaravind
    xplanaravind Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am using ACER PREDATOR HELIOS 300 with i5 10300H and RTX 2060 and BIOS Version 1.08....whenever i enter a game...after 5 or 10 minutes  the GPU usuage is reaching nearly 99% and the game starts to lag and finally crashes after few minutes.....it is just 4 days since i bought my laptop and am experiencing this issue in all of the games...plz anyone help sorting out the issue
  • matrix_reloaded
    matrix_reloaded Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I am using ACER PREDATOR HELIOS 300 with i5 10300H and RTX 2060 and BIOS Version 1.08....whenever i enter a game...after 5 or 10 minutes  the GPU usuage is reaching nearly 99% and the game starts to lag and finally crashes after few minutes.....it is just 4 days since i bought my laptop and am experiencing this issue in all of the games...plz anyone help sorting out the issue
    GPU usage reaching to 99% is perfectly normal and it should be. However game should not crash unless you modified GPU bios to 115w or undervolted CPU to incorrect values(my personal experience). If you are from India then I think it is better to return the laptop and buy the new acer nitro 5 with RTX 3060 available in Amazon India.
  • MasterRai
    MasterRai Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Hey I am using preedator helios 300 as well with i7 10th geeen rtx  2070 max Q. I was able to undervault it for someeee reeeeason. It shows locked but I tried playing with it  and suddenly I was able to adjust the  voltage and see a big difference in temp from 80 to 90 down to 60 to 70