After Clean Install of W10, screen freezes and reboots when connected to internet Predator G9 593

Options
Skwarrell
Skwarrell Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello guys :)
I have a 3 years old Acer Predator G9 593, i had the same exact problem that this guys : 
https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/587503/predator-g9-593-71um-completely-frozen-at-startup-urgent/p1
So i decided after testing a lot of different things to make a clean install of Windows 10 from USB ( Formating both Disk ) i could install it without internet and it's working
But once i connect it to internet my computer will freeze again after some time.
As i made a clean install i didn't have any Driver installated so by USB i put the Nvidia to check i could have my GTX1060 Working and it's working, so i don't think it's GPU related.
It's the only one i installed from Acer Driver Website, but in my device manager i have these four that aren't installed, i don't know what to try so it don't freeze ? 
It's in french ahah ^^' but if you need a translate don't hesitate to ask me :) 
Thanks 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    They are the Chipset and Serial driver's from ( https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6964?b=1&pn=NH.Q1CAA.001 )

Its odd its freezing when connected to the internet though, is there anything in event viewer -> windows logs -> system around the tim of it freezing
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I would try to check if the optional windows updates find these drivers. Also check with iobit's driverbooster program.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Skwarrell
    Skwarrell Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 2021
    Options
    After several test i found out it's an Nvidia Display Driver in Windows Update that cause the freeze. So i clean install Windows and update with the driver from Acer all the driver i need ( So and old Nvidia one ). I use Wusohide when i connect to internet to block the Nvidia Update then i can use my computer correctly with the old Nvidia Driver from Acer Support, I also tried to update it from some different version of Nvidia and when it start to install it freeze. So there is only the one from Acer that seems to work i don't know why. 

My computer always worked well, i've never changed anything in except the HDD into an SSD but it 1 year old now and everything was working fine except since this update. I don't know what can cause this problem, my computer, Nvidia Driver... I don't know 

Thanks 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried using the DDU program?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)