Predator G9-593-71UM Completely Frozen at startup(URGENT)

Options
ShanSifu
ShanSifu Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hello, 

I have an Predator 15 G9-593-71UM, with Core I7-6700HQ, and GTX 1070non-M. I started having issues with my mouse cursor moving but not administering any clicks, and the issue persisted until i open and close the task manager. (it wqs magically fixing the issue). 

Today, after playing dark souls 3 for couple of hours, i wanted to re-start my computer due to an issue with Discord. But, what happened was that after Predator Logo, on the password screen of windows 10, the screen went black with couple of white artifacts for a second, then it came back. But the laptop was completely frozen in that password screen. (cant input anything) 

So, my first instinct was to restart the system. So i did that couple of times but the issue was there every time. Then I went into safe mode, which works perfectly fine, to run some diagnostic tools to detect any issue. Diagnostics tools come out fine. The issue was not related to cpu or ram. And the gpu was under device manager, also showing the correct amount of VRAM available. (I cannot see the intel.onboard gpu though). I thought maybe the issue is related to my GPU. Which had normal values during my gaming sessions. So I deleted to GPU from device manager and rebooted the system to see if that fixes the issue. At first, i could make into the desktop. But then gpu activated itself, then boom, frozen again. 

Then i wanted to try to delete windows from my SSD, and reinstall it without deleting my other files. It was going fine until the blue screen in which it says ’please do not turn off the system, we are installing windows.’ Then boom, once again, it was frozen and my only option was to reboot. Now, i am trying to do a clean windows install by deleting everything. I will update here to see how it goes but i dont think it will work. This is my Final exam week and I need my computer to actually be able to study. Any help is appreciated. 

Note: I did not change anything in hardware, in fact, i didnt even open the back. I just did the usual software updates for windows and nvidia last month, as sI said it was perfectly fine until this evening. (except that occasional mouse bug thing, which sometimes happens in safe mode as well). Consequently, my laptop is out of warranty. Plus, i am studying abroad with very little knowledge of the city I’m in. (Warsaw, Poland) so i am not sure if i can find english speaking repair shops. Any help is appreciated. (I do not care about losing my data. I just need my laptop working). 

Thanks in advance 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    If the first occurred with the touchpad arrow moving by itself, what happens when you disable the touchpad in the device manager? About the white artifacts that appear on the login screen, do you send a screenshot? Does the computer work correctly in the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ShanSifu

Tinkerer

Options

If the first occurred with the touchpad arrow moving by itself, what happens when you disable the touchpad in the device manager? About the white artifacts that appear on the login screen, do you send a screenshot? Does the computer work correctly in the bios?
    I can enter the bios, yes. Touchpad arrow is not moving by itself. The black screen with small white dots on the bottom part, lasts 1-2 sec without any sound. 
  • ShanSifu

Tinkerer

Options
    I am not sure if it is normal or not but I cant see my gpu in bios. Everything else is showing up there but not the gpu. (In the information part)

I am still suspecting a failing gpu, but that does not explain the stuff going on with the mouse cursor. (external mouses has the same thing). Also, my GTX1070 was performing great, no stutters, normal-ish degrees under pressure, no weird artifacts whatsoever. The sound was not abnormal, and there were no weird burning smell coming out at any point. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In fact, what I would like to know is whether the white artifacts appear on the bios screen. But this is not happening. About gpu, usually only the gop driver version from intel appears. What happens when you reset the battery?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ShanSifu

Tinkerer

Options
    In fact, what I would like to know is whether the white artifacts appear on the bios screen. But this is not happening. About gpu, usually only the gop driver version from intel appears. What happens when you reset the battery?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    Those artifacts that i stated only appear in the end of predator logo just before the password screen. And, as i said, its a completely new issue. 

It is still doing the ”clean install”. It’s been 2 hours and its still at %35. (deleting the files part). I will let it sit for couple of hours more. If that does not work, i will try the resetting the battery method which i never did before. The bios screen and safe mode is completely fine, no weird stuff happening. (as i stated’ apart from not seeing the gpu at bios information screen) .

Do you know how can I perform this on predator? I think removing the battery is not easy. (I dont have tools but i can improvise if needed). But still, a video featuring predator would be nice. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I suggest that you first run the windows installation. Even though the percentage is still at 35%, it does not mean that the installation has crashed. You probably chose the option "fully clean the drive" and that is why the installation is taking a while. Do not turn off the computer until the installation is complete. About the battery reset, see this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ShanSifu

Tinkerer

Options
    Again, it seems to be frozen on the welcome screen. HDD light under the screen is constantly blinking though, is that normal? If not, how can I fix that one? Will wait a bit more to do the battery thing, hoping that it will boot. 
  • ShanSifu

Tinkerer

Options
    Its stuck on this screen now. I have tried the battery thing. No use. 
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    ShanSifu said:
    Are you connected to internet at this setup stage? Try without internet once.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • ShanSifu

Tinkerer

Options
    XdxD said:
    ShanSifu said:
    Are you connected to internet at this setup stage? Try without internet once.
    Nope, i am not connected can’t get past through this, it either freezes there or at
    the predator logo. But it freezes. I cant do anything. Maybe the windows is corrupted?

• ShanSifu

Tinkerer

Options
    So I have news regarding this issue, not good ones. 

I did a completely clean Windows install by using a usb, everything worked fine. Finally, i was able to use my laptop again. I updated my bios firmware since it was pretty old. Re-started, still everything is fine. PC was using the onboard gpu of 6700hq. But after 10 minutes, what happened was i think the dedicated gpu (1070) kicked in (screen flashed for a second, then it came back, with higher resolution) then pc froze again. I was watching a video from youtube at that time, so even though pc froze, i could still hear the sound from video. But i had to reboot since i couldnt do anything. So I did, but, it froze on the welcome screen once again. 

I desperately need help. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried disabling the nvidia video card using secure boot?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ShanSifu

Tinkerer

Options
    Have you tried disabling the nvidia video card using secure boot?
    How can i do that?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Restart the computer by pressing the shift key.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ShanSifu

Tinkerer

Options
    But how do I disable it from there?egydiocoelho said:
    Restart the computer by pressing the shift key.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Access the option that enables secure boot and then disable it in the device manager.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ShanSifu

Tinkerer

Options
    Now, I can't even seem to use safe mode, it just gives me the freaking sad face on blue screen saying that my system needs to restart. Pls Acer. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    wHAT IS THE ERROR CODE?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ShanSifu

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Options
    I forgot to check, will post here next time. But, i realized that after i install any kind of nvidia program, it freezes, not sure if its dumb luck but before initiating setup for nvidia program,  (GFORCE NOW, Gforce experience etc.).system works, just a bit slower, and i can still day that dedicated gpu is not active.But when i initiate the setup for given.programs, it freezes. It is interesting that Gforce now causes this as well. Its a virtual machine program. 
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Have you tried remove NVidia driver (if currently installed) in safe mode using DDU? Or installing the driver in safe mode?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!