Predator-PH315-52 keyboard backlight wont turn on

AyubMughal
AyubMughal Member Posts: 2 New User
I own a Predator-PH315-52 I today installed fresh install of windows on a new SSD  getting things set up but my keyboard backlight isn't turning on I have pressed the fn+f9 and f10 key nothing happens even in predator sense app it shows its on but physically its not on is there a driver I need for it or what drivers do I need to install on the driver section I see a lot of drivers but don't know what half of those does or if i have them installed  ? plus I have triangle on my device manager if anyone able to help me with it. Thank you. 

Best Answer

• George-Acer_Retired
    George-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 64 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

@HiAyubMughal,

The Predator keyboard backlight settings are controlled by the PredatorSense software. Use the steps below to disable your keyboard backlights, or to change your keyboard lighting color scheme.

1. Double click the PredatorSense icon on the desktop.
    2. Click Edit.
    3. Select the Lighting tab.
    4. Click the lighting toggle image to Off to turn off lights in any given zone, or click the light bulb icon image for the Zone you want to change.
    5. Select your desired color.
    6. Repeat for all Zones you want to change, then click the X in the top right hand corner to save your changes. 
    Follow the above setps and post the result.

Acer-George

Answers

• George-Acer_Retired
    George-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 64 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

@HiAyubMughal,

The Predator keyboard backlight settings are controlled by the PredatorSense software. Use the steps below to disable your keyboard backlights, or to change your keyboard lighting color scheme.

2. Click Edit.
    4. Click the lighting toggle image to Off to turn off lights in any given zone, or click the light bulb icon image for the Zone you want to change.
    6. Repeat for all Zones you want to change, then click the X in the top right hand corner to save your changes. 

Acer-George
  • AyubMughal
    AyubMughal Member Posts: 2 New User

@HiAyubMughal,

2. Click Edit.

Acer-George
    hey George i got the backlight back had to go into bios and it automatically started working didn't touch anything but now the laptop is running hotter then before at 75-71 Celsius with just blizzard battlenet open (cod coldwar downloading ) nothing more i remember it wasn't running this hot before when i downloaded on my older SSD any idea why would that be ? fan mode is on automatic like before 
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)