Preditor X34 screen lines on screen

Options
Warrior1105
Warrior1105 Member Posts: 8 New User
These lines on the lower half of my screen appeared and they now blink and flash.  The right side of my screen is also darker. Has anyone has these problems?  Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,267 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Ask Acer support to do a claim with the shipping company... Since they paid for the shipping they are the right people to file a claim.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,808 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Warrior1105
    Turn off the monitor, unplug all the wires that goes to the back of the monitor including the power cable. Than press and hold the power button which is on the monitor for 30 seconds.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Warrior1105
    Options
    Jack22 tried that. Still the same. 
  • Jack22
    Options
    @Warrior1105
    Try updating the monitor driver.
    click the below link and enter the serial number of your monitor which is seen at the back of the monitor and update the driver
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/drivers
    Just go to device manager. Point to the the monitors, double click it, then go to the second tab (driver) and press update driver, then point to your unzipped folder.
  • Warrior1105
    Options
    Jack22 thanks. Already tried that too. I may have to send it for repair bits not even a year old. 
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    These lines on the lower half of my screen appeared and they now blink and flash.  The right side of my screen is also darker. Has anyone has these problems?  Any suggestions?
    Try a reset in menu option on the monitor
    https://images.app.goo.gl/Xxn7Zbipww3NRZEN7
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • billsey
    Options
    Test with a different monitor if possible, we need to discover if it's the monitor or GPU that's causing the issue.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Warrior1105
    Options
    Bullsey thanks. We did. Seems it’s the monitor and it’s headed to Acer soon. Thanks again. I truly love this monitor and hope it’s fixable. It’s only been 8 months In use. 
  • christy1
    Options
    sure. good you found the issue. good luck
  • Jack22
    Options
    Jack22 thanks. Already tried that too. I may have to send it for repair bits not even a year old. 
    So unfortunate that you monitor had this issue, will be fixable by Acer and wish that you get it as soon as possible from the repair center
  • Warrior1105
    Options
    Jack22 thank you. It is unfortunate. It was sent to Acer today. I hope I get it back better than new. Thanks for your help. 
  • billsey
    Options
    Make sure to let us know how it comes out...
  • Warrior1105
    Options
    billsey I will!
  • Jack22
    Options
    Jack22 thank you. It is unfortunate. It was sent to Acer today. I hope I get it back better than new. Thanks for your help. 
    Welcome :)
  • Warrior1105
    Options
    So they received my monitor last week and TODAY they tell me it has a cracked lcd screen.  That is not how I sent it to them nor the reason.  They paid for the shipping label, I had fedex professionally pack it and ship it to them.  When I asked to add insurance to it with fedex, they said they could not do that for a prepaid label.  They now want well over $500 to repair something that I didn't send it to them for nor did I cause.  What can I do??  
  • christy1
    Options

Better to change the lcd with part partners . i think it will cost you lesser than that. 
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Ask Acer support to do a claim with the shipping company... Since they paid for the shipping they are the right people to file a claim.
  • Warrior1105
    Options
    They are picking up the cost of the broken lcd. Thank yiu!  
  • billsey
    Options
    Good job! Keep us informed as to how it finally comes out...