Looking for information on upgrading and Tech Specs for my Acer Aspire 7 (A715-71g-50WU).

AndrewMB
AndrewMB Member Posts: 2 New User
Hey Team,

So I'm looking to upgrade the RAM and potentially adding a SSD drive to my Aspire 7. I use my laptop for video and photo editing and it needs some more juice to run the hefty applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Photoshop efficiently.

So my questions:

Q1: Replacing and adding RAM sticks/cards looks to be a fairly simple process (from everything I've read it's very plug and play). Currently I have 8GB DDR4 and was looking to upgrade to 32GB so to be able to edit 4K video... is there room in this model laptop for 2 x 16GB RAM sticks/cards and is there any technical specifications I should take into account when buying RAM sticks/cards so to insure they are compatible with my laptop model??

Q2: I'd like to install a SSD drive. Is this model capable of supporting both the 1TB HDD that is currently installed and an SSD or will I need to replace the HDD with an SSD? Is there room for both and if so is there a specific type of SSD that will be compatible with my model?? 

Thanks in advance :)

Answers