Helios 300 2019 Motherboard burnt

Options
J4ck
J4ck Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2021 in Predator Laptops
So I was doing normal browsing stuff and my arduino was connected in one of the USB Type A port and suddenly my laptop turned off. So I tried to turn it on again but it didnt. Even charging light was off on connecting charger. So I removed backpanel to disconnected battery and pressed power button for 30 sec to discharge components. Then plugged the charger and tried again, once again it didnt turned on. And on researching found out many other users have motherboard issue which conern me that I would not like to buy acer product in future and also considering motherboard burnt is not human fault always and they would refuse to cover it under warranty. Never in my life have I seen laptop motherboard burnt out which shows that acer motherboards must be cheap quality or have some design engineering faults. Anyways can anyone tell me the motherboard replacement cost.

Specs of my motherboard:
i5-9300H
GTX 1660Ti

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,784 Pathfinder
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @J4ck
    Do not turn on the unit and immediately call Acer support they might be able to help you.
    Check the link below to call Acer support and also check few more info about the same issue
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/568924/acer-predator-helios-300-mother-board-burnt
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    J4ck said:
    So I was doing normal browsing stuff and my arduino was connected in one of the USB Type A port and suddenly my laptop turned off. So I tried to turn it on again but it didnt. Even charging light was off on connecting charger. So I removed backpanel to disconnected battery and pressed power button for 30 sec to discharge components. Then plugged the charger and tried again, once again it didnt turned on. And on researching found out many other users have motherboard issue which conern me that I would not like to buy acer product in future and also considering motherboard burnt is not human fault always and they would refuse to cover it under warranty. Never in my life have I seen laptop motherboard burnt out which shows that acer motherboards must be cheap quality or have some design engineering faults. Anyways can anyone tell me the motherboard replacement cost.

Specs of my motherboard:
    i5-9300H
    GTX 1660Ti
    i am very sorry to hear that your motherboard is burnt, unfortunately, the Acer community is not design for escalations, tech or customer support services, this community is design as a peer-to-peer support forum. We understand this can be frustrating but motherboard burnt issues can be caused by many things or scenarios not necessarily meaning its a design flaw or because its cheap material etc as suggested, You will need to contact your local Acer support channel to see, how or what are the options to be assisted with:

Support: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny