Acer predator helios 300 mother board burnt.

Karan51
Karan51 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I am karan from India and I am here to get some suggestions on what should I do about my predator laptop. I had been using it carefuly and maintaining its condition properly. It abruptly blacked out and does now turn on even after charging it. An engineer from the company came and stated that the element of the motherboard is burned. It is still in warranty period and yet the company refuses to take the burnt motherboard under warranty. 
Its been 7 months now and i am totally disappointed with the product. The product itself is very costly and now the company is asking me to invest almost half the amount of laptop again to get it into working condition.
Please tell me what do I do. 

Comments

• Harman_sandhu
    Harman_sandhu Member Posts: 2 New User
    I also have the same problem.i want whether ur problem is solved or not
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited July 2019
    Hi Karan51 and Harman_sandhu,

If any element or chip of the motherboard is burnt, then it will need replacement, unfortunately, the Acer Community is not a direct portal to technical or customer service support so it will need to be handled by the local Acer service center. If the issue is not covered under the warranty you can still get the computer fixed but it will have an out of warranty fee or you can opt by taking it to a local trusted tech/center.

We are not able to make warranty decision or determine what falls under warranty or not, it is something that an Acer technician needs to received and physically diagnose your unit to be able to make a decision. Acer warranty policy can be revied here

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause,
    Acer-Manny
  • Arasu
    Arasu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi Karan51 or Harman 
    Did you get your problem resolved and how
    Because I'm in similar situation
    Would request your advice

• Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    if any of you replace the motherboards, dont give the damaged m/b to the service guys.
    i will pay good salvage price for it. just pm me. 
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Please keep in mind that all parts replaced under warranty will become Acer property, if the unit is repaired out of warranty and you pay for the services you can ask the service center for the damaged part once you pay for the services.

Acer Warranty Information:
    "The Warranty of your Acer product consists of one (1) year for labor service and one (1) year for replacement or repair of parts with the original configuration of the product (Hardware), provided by the Service Center, commencing on the date of purchase. During the warranty period, Acer will repair or replace defective parts with original parts at no charge to the customer. All parts replaced under this warranty will become the property of Acer. "
    Note: this thread will be now closed.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.