No Bootable Device Aspire E5-473G

rawmealstyyv
rawmealstyyv Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
edited February 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I considered my laptop now as dead. I have this Aspire E5-473G model bought last 2016. But after just last year, my laptop seemed taking a hard time to boot, and sometimes didn't detect my HDD (i don't have SSD). So I thought my HDD is broken so I bought a new HDD and the problem was temporarily gone, I can boot normally on a day to day basis. But then after about several months, my laptop just often went to several BSODs with several errors from Kernel Data Inpage Error, Critical Process Failed, Unexpected Store Exception, Memory Management. I'm thinking that my motherboard is the problem. Or something else. Do you know something about this? Kindly help me, it would mean a lot to me. Thanks!

Regards,
Romil

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Try removing one of the 4GB RAM modules to see if BSODs disappear Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rawmealstyyv
    JackE said:
    Try removing one of the 4GB RAM modules to see if BSODs disappear Jack E/NJ
    I only have one 4gb RAM. What I did was I placed the RAM to the other slot. And at first, it still showed a BSOD with memory management error. Then I booted again, and sometimes still the No Bootable Device shows. But now, I'm currently using this laptop (e5-473g) but still i'm uncertain whether this can boot next time, or the BSODs won't show up. Anyway, thank you sir.
  • JackE
    >>>sometimes still the No Bootable Device shows>>>

OK. Right click the C ; \ drive in FileExplore. Click properties. Click tools tab. Click check button for HDD errors. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rawmealstyyv
    JackE said:
    >>>sometimes still the No Bootable Device shows>>>

OK. Right click the C ; \ drive in FileExplore. Click properties. Click tools tab. Click check button for HDD errors. Jack E/NJ
    I already scanned the HDD for possible errors sir. And no errors were found. In fact, my HDD is new (somehow) because I thought the problem at first was my HDD. So I bought a new HDD just last year before the pandemic started. But the no bootable device message still shows up, and BSODs still happen. Maybe the problem is on the SATA cable, is that even possible? I am no computer engineer, nor having background on computer hardware so I need help. Thank you. 
  • JackE
    >>> In fact, my HDD is new (somehow) >>>

What does "somehow" new mean? Just try to reseat the HDD connectors to the mainboard a few times to see if it helps clean the contacts inside the connectors.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rawmealstyyv
    JackE said:
    >>> In fact, my HDD is new (somehow) >>>

What does "somehow" new mean? Just try to reseat the HDD connectors to the mainboard a few times to see if it helps clean the contacts inside the connectors.  Jack E/NJ
    I've been using my laptop since I placed my 4GB RAM into the 2nd slot and since then, I'm glad there were no BSODs occured and No Bootable Device error didn't show up anymore. Thank you so much sir Jack! I hope this continues and the No Bootable Device will never show up again together with the BSODs. Thank you very much!
  • JackE
    >>>I placed my 4GB RAM into the 2nd slot and since then, I'm glad there were no BSODs >>>

Congratulations. Probably just needed to be re-seated in the RAM socket to help clean the gold contacts. Thanks for reporting  back.   :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rawmealstyyv
    I don't know if reseating the RAM made it work but I bought another RAM stick, so the two RAM slots are now occupied and the No Bootable Device did not show up ever again. I am now using this laptop for 2 months already. Thank you so much.
  • JackE
    Congratulations again. Thanks for the successful report.   :)    Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rawmealstyyv
    JackE said:
    Congratulations again. Thanks for the successful report.   :)    Jack E/NJ
    Hello sir. Thank you. I also have another concern. Can you take a look? I am close to buying a battery :( 
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/635035/my-aspire-e5-473g-keeps-blinking-when-i-plug-in-the-charger-when-laptop-is-turned-on#latest