A515-41G-F2SH doesn't output hdmi.

13»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    BIOS chip seems bricked. While I'd personally like to see you try an EEPROM programmer to see how well you might be able to make it work, I think the safest& quickest way to repair is to try replacing the chip with a preprogrammed one.  The chip is a failrly large surface mount unit which should be relatively easy to change with a fine-tip iron. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Bol_
    Bol_ Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
    JackE said:
    BIOS chip seems bricked. While I'd personally like to see you try an EEPROM programmer to see how well you might be able to make it work, I think the safest& quickest way to repair is to try replacing the chip with a preprogrammed one.  The chip is a failrly large surface mount unit which should be relatively easy to change with a fine-tip iron. Jack E/NJ 
    After getting the chip and soldering it, the laptop is broken even more. After about 15 seconds of booting, it shuts down completely.
    Thanks for trying though!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Do you at least get an ACER logo screen? Remember,  the base cover must be fully attached with screws because the mainboard may be equipped with a spring-loaded safety interlock switch that will cut all power to the mainboard if the cover is off, misaligned or not tight. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ