Acer Nitro 7 won't power On AN715-51

Sourav054
Sourav054 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited January 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hello Guys..I am Haviing a nitro 7.Yesterday I Left my laptop turned on for around 16 hours because some downloads were going on.Now suddenly the laptop went off & it won't start again.But when I press ESC,SPACE or SHIFT button the keyboard lights up & the fan starts but after 2-3 seconds everything shuts down.Any possible reasons or solutions are wellcome.Thanks in advance.

My Laptop config is as below,
Core I7-9750H
1TB HDD+256GB SSD
16 GB RAM (Additional 8GB I installed when buying)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti 6GB VRAM
It is 3 months old.

Answers

• Harshad_Patil
    Harshad_Patil Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2021
    same issue with me. it took 2 months to resolve issue by acer service center. visit nearest service center.
  • Sourav054
    same issue with me. it took 2 months to resolve issue by acer service center. visit nearest service center.
    Actually I am living in Cameroon for job.It is not possible to find a service centre here.Did they tell you the reason for which it happened.?
    Thanks for the suggestion though.
  • Sourav054
    Update:- The Laptop now starting but not with the POWER key but continuously pressing START or SPACE key.When I stop pressing the mentioned key the Laptop shuts down within 2 seconds.Any kind of idea about this problem is appreciable.Thanks in advance.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    First do a long press of the power key to force a full power off. That gets you out of any weird sleep mode it might be in. Wait for a bit after the shut down and try turning it on normally. If that doesn't work the next step is a battery reset. Some models do a battery reset with the long press on the power button, some have a battery reset pin hole, usually under the laptop. If you have the pin hole disconnect power and use a bent paper clip to press and hold the reset for 15-30 seconds. Release the reset and wait 15-30 minutes to make sure everything has bled away. Plug power back in but wait for it to show the battery is full before turning it back on. Report back with your results.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sourav054
    edited January 2021
    billsey said:
    First do a long press of the power key to force a full power off. That gets you out of any weird sleep mode it might be in. Wait for a bit after the shut down and try turning it on normally. If that doesn't work the next step is a battery reset. Some models do a battery reset with the long press on the power button, some have a battery reset pin hole, usually under the laptop. If you have the pin hole disconnect power and use a bent paper clip to press and hold the reset for 15-30 seconds. Release the reset and wait 15-30 minutes to make sure everything has bled away. Plug power back in but wait for it to show the battery is full before turning it back on. Report back with your results.
    My laptop doesn't have a battery reset hole.I have tried pressing the power button for like 2 minutes long.When I keep pressing the START or some other button the Laptop turns on & work normally but after releasing the same button I used to turn it on, within 2-3 seconds it turns off.
    Even I started the laptop in the way I described & shut it down from Start menu Power option.
    I tried removing the AC adapter then the battery,Keyboard ribbon,HDD,SSD,RAM and pressed the power key for 45 seconds for any unneccessary static to go away,then placed everything back correctly only to achive nothing.Please help !!!!!
    Also when the laptop is switched off If I plug in the charger,the amber light keeps blinking at a interval but when the laptop is on then the same light stops blinking completely & becomes steady and then the laptop charges smoothly.
  • Sourav054
    edited January 2021
    @egydiocoelho , @JackE please help guys..
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    The battery reset process on machines that use the power button requires you to have power disconnected. Unplug, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds or so, wait a few minutes and plug power back in. Wait for the full charge indication and then turn it back on. Let us know if that makes a change.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • what is the exact model? example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sourav054
    edited January 2021
    what is the exact model? example an515-51-75kz.
    @egydiocoelho The model number is AN715-51.I am not near my laptop now.I can tell you the exact model number when I reach home.
  • Sourav054
    edited January 2021
    billsey said:
    The battery reset process on machines that use the power button requires you to have power disconnected. Unplug, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds or so, wait a few minutes and plug power back in. Wait for the full charge indication and then turn it back on. Let us know if that makes a change.
    @billsey I tried it..But when I connect the charger after doing what you said,the charging indicator(Amber light) becomes steady for a few seconds then blinks 2-3 times & turns off, after 1-2 seconds it turns on again & repeats the same over & over again.
    Also by unplug I hope you are referring unplugging the AC adapter not the built-in battery.
    Anyways I will try it again exactly as you said when I reach home & will let you know the result.
  • He is referring to this procedure:

It is necessary to disconnect the power adapter.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sourav054
    what is the exact model? example an515-51-75kz.
    @egydiocoelho the exact model number of my laptop is AN715-51-76WR.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sourav054
    @egydiocoelho I have checed the keyboard ribbon cable..It is well connected..But on the adapter where the power connector points are the ribbon looks like it has come out a bit, I tried to press it a little but it's not going inside more than that.
  • OK! Now, what happens when you disconnect and reconnect the keyboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sourav054
    edited January 2021
    OK! Now, what happens when you disconnect and reconnect the keyboard?
    @egydiocoelho nothing different happens..Still power button doesn't works & upon pressing any other button in keyboard, laptop turns on but shuts down 2-3 seconds after I release the key I used for turning it on (as usual)..
  • Sourav054
    billsey said:
    @billsey I tried exactly what you said..But still no luck..😭😭😭
  • When you disconnect the lithium battery, does the laptop turn on by connecting only the power adapter?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sourav054
    edited January 2021
    When you disconnect the lithium battery, does the laptop turn on by connecting only the power adapter?
    @egydiocoelho Nope..If I disconnect the Internal battery & connect the power adapter even then same problem persists (Laptop is turning on by any other switch except the POWER key.)
    And by the way my laptop's exact model no is AN715-51-75WR..
  • is your laptop still under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer